#1 dmk900

dmk900

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

Hello there,

I just successfully modded my psp and now wanna mod my xbox1 smile.gif

Just trying to unclutter and simplify my life by copying my games collection to the hdd so I never have to worry about disks floating around again. Since this console is quite old I hope support is still around, I have no intentions of upgrading to 360 too expensive and why upgrade when I'm happy with older technology. Pointless getting a new console and horting a worthless classic.

Was going to buy a mod-chip from deal-extreme but it seems they have non-left sad.gif . (would buy from somewhere else but everywhere else would be more expensive)
So it would seem I'm left with soft-modding, I just don't wanna brick it so I wanna make sure I do it right. I do suspect the xbox doesn't have it's alternative to PSP's Pandora battery so it cannot be considered unbrickable.

Firstly, I am aware of the great looking tutorial
http://forums.xbox-s...hp?showforum=45

Just want to make sure it's the right one for what I want to do.
- Copy my games to the hard-drive (so I can store them away and never have to see them again)
That's it really, additionally I would like to FTP movies to the consoles HDD to play on the tv but not too fussed.

Would following this tut be the most suitable? or do you have any other ideas? smile.gif
I may have modded my psp, but xbox looks more complicated tongue.gif
Hope you guys are willing to help, Thanks!!! smile.gif

EDIT: I would also like to change my xbox's hard drive to a larger one. I have a spare 120gb IDE floating around I think would be suitable.
EDIT2: One more thing, is it possible to backup everything, the firmware and current Hard-disk state so I can restore my xbox to factory default if I ever choose to un-mod my xbox?

Edited by dmk900, 08 October 2010 - 04:21 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

You didn't link to a tutorial........

Are you planning on hotswapping and using Kingroach NDURE 3.1 with xboxhdm, or using Krayzie's 1.1.1 gamesave softmod?

Edited by Heimdall, 08 October 2010 - 04:29 PM.

#3 dmk900

dmk900

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

"hotswapping and using Kingroach NDURE 3.1 with xboxhdm" smile.gif, I cannot use the save-game technique as I don't own and don't plan on buying any games that allow this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users