N@lyD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:26 AM

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to recover data that was stored on an internal HDD (Seagate Barracuda ST3200826A 7200RPM 200GB) that was used in a modded Xbox (DuoX installed no longer works). I was going to reinstall another DuoX but due to lack of time I never got around to it. After a while I ended up buying a new Xbox (better to of played it safe) and new HDD and installed an Executer 3CE. I would like to be able to recover some photos that were backed up onto the HDD as the originals have been deleted : (

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:15 AM

Xplorer360 beta 6, or Photorec, assuming that the disk is unlocked.

#3 N@lyD

N@lyD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:12 AM

I had tried IDE to USB before and it hadn't shown up in Windows Vista Ultimate. I might play it safe and head over to a friends, connect the HDD via IDE in their PC and run Xplorer360. I'll test it out and get back to you, thanks for your response Heimdall!

#4 N@lyD

N@lyD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:16 AM

I connected the drive to a friend's PC via IDE. The HDD is recognised in device manager but not in disk management under administrative tools. I tried running xplorer360 beta 6 but kept coming up with a "no FATX drive could be read". After a bit of searching through xbox-scene I managed to find a thread with regards to the error. http://forums.xbox-s...o...43258&st=15 (Antman's post).

I followed his directions which were to edit a sector of the HDD so that it can be recognised by xplorer360. This did not work either. I tried using the IDE to USB setup and received the same error. I even downloaded older versions of xplorer but still came up with nothing. Just to elaborate, the drive itself was from a modified original xbox. The chip had died but the HDD was in perfect working order.

Any other solutions? ... Or am I going to have to give the drive the flick?

#5 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:55 AM

Is the drive unlocked? If it is not it wont show up if it is you should be able to just put it in the new xbox and run AID or slayers to make sure the dash is where the X3 will see it. Well the X3 I think has an ftp program in the bios so you might be able to just use that instead of slayers or AID. If its locked you might can use the old xbox to unlock it just but the new chip in that xbox unlock the drive then move the chip back to the new xbox. If you do not have the old xbox you can still unlock the drive using the master password. Dont toss the drive it is still ok its probably just locked or something.

#6 N@lyD

N@lyD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:49 AM

The drive is unlocked. The Xbox in which it came from had a DuoX installed (soldered, not working), and the Xbox I am currently using has an X3CE with Xaptr install (solderless). I don't want to solder the X3CE... It looks like I will have to buy a new chip. Unless there is a way of accessing the HDD in the Xbox running the X3CE? Loving the fact that I am still getting replies, everyone at xbox-scene actually do care and want to help other users.

Any more suggestions?

#7 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:42 AM

If the hdd is unlocked then just boot into the X3 bios and then ftp into the xbox and get what ever files you need. You might can also try just booting the xbox with the 200gb in the X3 xbox the dash on it might be in the right spot for the X3 bios to see it and boot it. Since the hdd is unlocked you can actually just leave the PC alone and use disk made for the xbox to prepare the hdd for that xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users