3 replies to this topic

#1 Deeby

Deeby

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

Hi folks, really need some help here.

I've recently bought a 360 off ebay faulty (drive dont read disks). I wont go into detail about that but the long and short of it is that the xbox basically has a drive in it with a different key to the console (not mentioned on the auction!). The original plan being replacing the drive, flashing it, giving it to my mate for his kids and happy days.

I need a way of getting the key from the console so I can get a drive to flash the correct key to, so on so forth.

Someone has suggested maybe JTAG as an option? Im hopeless with this as I've never dealt with it before and know nothing about it, though I have done a little reading up but im still unsure about a few things.

Is it possible to follow steps in the JTAG process just to the point of getting the drive key then removing everything? And if it could be removed, how safe would live be?

Very sorry if these are obvious questions to you lot but i have no clue with this side of things.

BTW the m/board on the console is a Falcon, dash 2.0.9199.0

So I guess it might not evan be an option at all. I read somewhere that this dash might not be suitable for it, but it could've been an old post I read somewhere and things might've changed.

Thanks all!

D.

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(Deeby @ Oct 13 2010, 11:06 AM) View Post

BTW the m/board on the console is a Falcon, dash 2.0.9199.0

You have NO option for that console. If you did not get the drive key from the seller then that console will never load games.

All you can use it now for is to play normal DVD movies and buy some arcade games from Live.

#3 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:23 PM

Like Ranger72 said you just have a really good dvd player now. You can get tversity and set it up to stream movies to the 360. You can always just hold on to it to see if some type of hack or mod comes out later to fix it but right now you are stuck.

#4 Deeby

Deeby

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

Ok guys, thanks very much.

D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users