• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MrPickles1

MrPickles1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:04 PM

I have searched and looked but I can't seem to find the instructions on how to do this. I have a pretty big collection of Xbox originals and would like to play them how they were meant to be played, on an original Xbox. Basically I just want to make personal backups of my collection using a Kreon drive to play on a ORIGINAL Xbox. Every time I search all I find is instructions on how to make Xbox1 backups for Xbox360. Any help is appreciated.

#2 Al1ens

Al1ens

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

With my Samsung sh d162d, I use mulleter beter 10.2.
Start mulleter, put the xbox disc in the drive, select 'extract/browse files in iso' and press next.
Choose the tab 'load from dvdr', browse to the disc, load file and when it says it loaded, press next.
Then press extract all, make a folder with the game name, and wait for it to do it's thing.
At the end you'll have all the files needed to ftp into your xbox.

#3 Al1ens

Al1ens

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:43 PM

Or of course with a modded xbox you can just copy the game to the hard disc.
My softmodded box running unleashx has a 'copy to disc' tab in the Misc section, or you can add an app of choice like dvd2xbox and do it that way instead.

#4 MrPickles1

MrPickles1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

Hey! Thanks for you replies, your post put me on the right track but my intention was to be able to create burnable ISOs. I've extracted about 5 games now and created burnable ISOs using Craxtion 4, however only 1 game worked and I'm pretty sure I did it properly. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Is there a better program for creating burnable ISOs? I'm going to try creating the ISOs using Simple XISO as I already have the extracted files on my HD. I looked around and it seems that Simple XISO is highly recommended. Also, my Xbox only has a 160GB HD and it's already filled with emulators and their accompanying ROMs

#5 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

I use dvd2xbox to copy discs to the hdd then extract them with quix to create the xiso on my pc.

#6 MrPickles1

MrPickles1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:59 AM

I've been experimenting with this and figured out something. The only way I could make burnable ISOs for Xbox1 using a Kreon drive was to make an ISO using Xbox Backup Creator, extract the ISO contents using XDVDMulleter, and build the ISO with Craxtion. I don't know why that 1 game worked, but for some reason whenever I extract the files directly, it does not work. I don't know about FTP because I never tried that, my HD is already filled up. Anybody know why I can't extract files directly without burning a coaster? I have a collection of about 70 games and would like to make my personal backups much faster. Is there any ripping program that will make an Xbox1 burnable single layer ISO in one shot? I've looked, and it seems that they all rip the Xbox 1 disc in a way that's iXtreme compatible, it other words, DVD+R DL only.

#7 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:08 AM

Yes. Use qwix.

*Setup your xbox and PC for FTP
read here and follow steps 1, 2, and 3.

*download qwix

*fire up your xbox and insert the game you want to backup.

*Fire up Qwix and add your xbox IP as a "new connection" in qwix.

*Inside qwix, click the "create iso" button and tick the "ftp folder" bubble. Click the "..." button, click D: and click ok. Click the "create ISO" button and choose where to save the ISO. Click ok and wait for it to complete. Qwix will download the files right from the disc in your xbox and create the ISO all in one step.

*Burn the resulting image to DVD with your preferred ISO burning app at 4x.

"Staples. That was easy"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users