• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 HellaSpencer

HellaSpencer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

So I'm trying to softmod my original XBOX and I bought an Action Replay kit and have a copy of Splinter Cell. Only problem now is my computer won't download any of the files I'm trying to get from IRC's and FTP's. EDIT.

Edited by HellaSpencer, 17 October 2010 - 11:02 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

Read the rules - asking for files will get you a suspension or a ban.

You need Krayzie's NDURE 1.1.1 gamesave files - they're on Xbins at /XBOX/Console Based Applications/exploits/_Packages/Krayzie Ndure Installer/, or Google Krayzie_SC-NTSC_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar or Krayzie_SC-PAL_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar

#3 HellaSpencer

HellaSpencer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:05 PM

Ok I edited my post so I don't get banned. So I'm downloading the file right now. Is that all I'm going to need to softmod? Thanks for the help btw. I'm gonna try to be less of a noob in the future.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:12 AM

Good move smile.gif

You might want to get the Krayzie 1.1 to 1.1.1 update. Also, if your current dash isn't version 5960 then you'll need to update to the latest 5960 dash before you start. There are two ways of doing it - use a post 2004 Live-enabled game (Halo 2 or later), disconnect your network cable from your Xbox, then go through the motions of connecting to live (which will update the dash first), or do the following:

- Copy the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave to the Xbox and run the exploit to give you FTP access, but don't install the softmod yet
- backup the eeprom, then FTP to the Xbox , copy the eeprom backup to your PC, and replace the contents of the C partition with a complete set of clean dash files from Slayers or CASH.
- Reboot the Xbox, run the exploit again, and install the softmod: Basic Install - UnleashX Dashboard.

#5 HellaSpencer

HellaSpencer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:42 AM

I think my dash is the current one but I'm not sure. How do I check what version I have? I was just on my XBOX and was trying to connect to Live, then remembered that they disabled original XBOX Live. But while I was trying to connect it never asked me to update anything. I was playing Halo 2 btw. Does that mean I have the current dash?

Edited by HellaSpencer, 18 October 2010 - 12:44 AM.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:48 AM

It's where you would expect such details to be......... under Settings - System Info....

#7 HellaSpencer

HellaSpencer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:52 AM

Yep. Dash says 1.00.5960.01

#8 HellaSpencer

HellaSpencer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:44 AM

So will these instructions work? I don't really know how to use FTP's and that kinda stuff. If I follow the instructions in this will my XBOX be softmodded?

Edited by HellaSpencer, 18 October 2010 - 01:57 AM.

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:50 AM

Put the gamesave on the Xbox.

Read the instructions that come with the gamesave.

Run the game, load the gamesave, follow the instructions you just read i.e. backup the eeprom, FTP it to your PC or copy it to your memory card, then select Basic install - UnleashX dashboard.

FTP isn't magic, and it certainly isn't complicated - it's a really simple way of getting files onto your Xbox, and you need to learn to use it. Start with Wikipedia or Google, and get hold of Filezilla.

Oh, and delete that link as well. You really need to take 5 minutes to read the rules.......

Edited by Heimdall, 18 October 2010 - 01:55 AM.

#10 HellaSpencer

HellaSpencer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:59 AM

But just for the mod I don't need to use FTP as long as I backup to the memory card?

#11 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:06 AM

You should be able to back up the eeprom.bin to the memory card. You should really get an FTP program and use it though. It really isn't that hard to use. After you get logged into the Xbox, you can drag and drop files.

#12 HellaSpencer

HellaSpencer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:25 AM

I'll read up on them after I do the mod, if it's successful. And maybe during if it's not.

#13 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

I will eventually get around to learning how to FTP between two Xboxes because that's all I have. I can't think what I'll use it for but it's something new to learn so why not?

But it isn't an essential technique if you have a working, big enough memory card/USB stick and all you want to do is a basic softmod. The eeprom and other backups are as easily stored on that portable memory device as anywhere else and, of course, can be transferred to PC that way too.

However if you have a PC I can't think why you wouldn't want to set up things to be able to FTP between the two. I don't know what apps, if any, Krayzie 1.1.1 installs but there are likely to be others and things like new skins or alternative dashes you might want. It's got to be easier doing that via FTP than any other method.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users