• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 notroubleclubber

notroubleclubber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:00 AM

I have the original backup manager on my ps3 with a couple of backups i managed to do with my originals. However after trying to clean the discs and using a disc recoverer my discs are beyond repair (bloody dog) and im a bit stuck. I want to upgrade to a different backup manager (later version or maybe go over to open manager etc) but im worried im going to lose the only 2 games i own which at the mo i can play on the HD with the original BUM but no original discs.

Is there a way i can ftp over the original files from the original BUM to my desktop pc and then install open manager on ps3 or something and then ftp over from my pc to ps3 my games again?
If so, how?
Ive got hold of blackbox ftp for the ps3 that i have installed but dont know where to look on the ps3 HD for the games ive installed. Also once ive got the games off i want to put them back on the ps3 but dont know where to put them.

Any ideas?

Im using original 60GB Internal HD.

#2 asoftlad

asoftlad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:31 PM

Not tested this personally so I can't confirm but people in similiar situations on other forums are reporting that if you want to migrate managers the way to go is to copy int>ext HD using comgenie's awesome file manager, then unnstall BuM, instal whateer manager you want and use com's FM to copy back to int HD.
As far as I'm aware there's no way to get data onto the desktop via FTP at present.

#3 notroubleclubber

notroubleclubber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:35 AM

UPDATE - It was easy. I went into the LAUN1234 file in the GAMEZ folder (this is where BUM stores its games) and ftpd over from ps3 to my dekstop pc using Blackbox v1.2 ftp program on ps3 and flashxp on pc(wireless connection so took about an hour a game). I then deleted BUM and installed flexmanager (nicer gui of open manager) on ps3 and then ftpd the games back over into the Flex(Open)Manager folder (OMAN45647 or something) and then it all works again.
For some reason i still need a disc in the drive to play the backups but for some reason my damaged disc works ok for this so no big problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users