• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CanSquish

CanSquish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

ok. i know im a noob with chips, so here goes... i went through the links at the xecutor site. i found a place that will sell me a solderless modchip kit, as well as the modchip. but, i have run into some snags. they say that if my xbox is july 2004 or above, to order a universal type solderless adapter that they say works with all chips. but, in that same message, they say that if its lower, to get a sol-less adapter that they say is only compatible with v1.6 consoles. my xbox is lower than that date. it was made in 02. what should i get?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:39 PM

You need to get the version that's appropriate for your Xbox, and manufacture date isn't a reliable way of telling. Work out what version Xbox you have (here and here), then buy the solderless adapter for that version. An 02 Xbox should need a 1.0-1.5 adapter, but the case may not be the original, so do the physical check.

Edited by Heimdall, 18 October 2010 - 08:40 PM.

#3 CanSquish

CanSquish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:58 AM

thanks for the quick response. one more thing? when i boot up my xbox, it starts booting ( shows logo) and thats it. no microsoft logo, just goes straight to the error message, Your xbox needs servicing, or something like that. can that be fixed with a modchip? i did some digging, but havent gotten a general agreement on that aspect.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:14 AM

It depends on the error. Chips will fix the most common errors, but some errors are basic Xbox hardware faults that a chip won't help you with.

Do you have an error number in the top corner of the screen? If not then you have a 1.0 Xbox, and you are flying blind.

#5 CanSquish

CanSquish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:44 PM

thanks again for the quick response. i just checked, there is no error code. seeing that im gonna be w/o a radar so to speak, im not gonna get a chip, because the chip setup im looking at is a total of 70 dollars, and for that price, i might as well get another one. thanks for all the help.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:39 PM

You can buy a DuoX2 for $13 over in BST. Alternatively, build an eeprom reader and use the eeprom with xboxhdm/Kingroach NDURE 3.1 to install a softmod on your current hard disk.

#7 CanSquish

CanSquish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:21 AM

again, thanks for the response. upon seeing the pages that you gave me, im still going to go with my original choice, due to the fact that i do not have a solder set, nor the knowledge. even if i did have a soldering kit, i still would not, due to personal preference. thanks anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users