• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Captain Skeet

Captain Skeet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:44 AM

Hello everybody, I bought the infectus2 modchip about 2 years ago and was originally planning to use it to flash my xbox 360 nand.....but, I never got around to it. So I was looking up on the ps3 jailbreak the other day and saw that you can use a usb micro controller, also an XBOX 360 USB SPI NAND READER. So my question is, Would it be possible to use my Infectus Usb board to jailbreak my ps3? If your wondering my ps3 hasnt been updated in about a year or two, so no worries on that. Another question, for anyone who would know or if someone has an infectus chip also; Would I flash the hex file to the infectus itself or would I just use the usb micro controller? If you all could be on the lookout for pin layouts or hex files for the infectus i would be very grateful. Anyways, thanks in advanced. =)

Infectus 2 specifications that I have found out so far:
It uses an Actel ProAsic3 a3p125 series chip.
Every part of the chip PLD/FLASH/USB is 100% reprogrammable via USB.
It has a 512kb flash onboard.
The infectus firmware allows us to emulate a nand flasher "programmer"; So what is stopping us/me to use with the same code (modified a little bit) as the other nand flashers.

For those who don't know here is what the infectus2 chip looks like with it plugged into the usb interface: IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users