#1 trippn740

trippn740

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:14 AM

Yeah... I know this has been posted before, but I've tried EVERYTHING... I've read through all the other posts about it... everything...

The fishy part is, I've soft-modded plenty of others (all of which ftp-ing worked perfectly from the beginning), I'm currently using a [different] modded box and can ftp to it fine, all of the network settings are exactly the same on all three boxes (other than the ip's, of course)

But when I try to ftp to either of the other two that I just modded, it fails miserably. I know that it's not a problem with the file/ installer/ etc, as both boxes used a different installer (one has SID5 final with Unleashx, and the other is Krazies autoinstaller 1.0 with EvoX.)

One box is a 1.1 (just like my other one that ftp's fine), and the other is a 1.3

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 with Filezilla, (which, as I mentioned earlier, works fine with my original XBMC box) and Netgear router, and the connection ALWAYS times out... I honestly have no idea why it isn't working...

Someone pleeease help me!

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:31 AM

You've done this before, so I'll assume you have checked IP addresses, made sure they are in the same subnet etc.

Can you ping them? Check the MAC address in the dash against the MAC address registered in your DHCP server. Check the arp table in your PC to see if it is getting any response to the arp requests.

Out of interest, why didn't you use Krayzie 1.1.1 on both of them?

Edited by Heimdall, 21 October 2010 - 11:32 AM.

#3 trippn740

trippn740

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Oct 21 2010, 06:31 AM) View Post

You've done this before, so I'll assume you have checked IP addresses, made sure they are in the same subnet etc.

Can you ping them? Check the MAC address in the dash against the MAC address registered in your DHCP server. Check the arp table in your PC to see if it is getting any response to the arp requests.

Out of interest, why didn't you use Krayzie 1.1.1 on both of them?

I got 'er fixed.. all I had to do was go back in to the Krayzie's Tools or whatever it is on there and it told me the actual IP... feel kinda dumb now.. lol

I used 1.0 because I'm not really familliar with the Krayzie exploit and didn't really know about 1.1.1... I've always used the SID and decided to try out Krayzie's because everyone on here is so satisfied with it... and after reading about it (and using it) it seemed alot better. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users