xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:22 AM

I have jtagged several 360s using a single xecuter nand x. I was wondering if the same applies to the ps3 or do i have to leave the usb key inside it.

#2 breathofice

breathofice

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:48 PM

you must have it inserted every time you start the PS3 up to use any hombrew. After it has completely booted you can remove the usb device but you will have to re-insert it next time you start the ps3 and got through the process every time.

You must have firmware 3.41 installed. You have to cut the power before and reconnect it before attempting to but it in this manner. With the Fat ps3 there is a power switch on the back. With the PS3 slim there is not so you must unplug the power cable or find another way to reset the power. Upon booting you must immediate hit eject. The system will boot into the debug mode assuming everything is setup properly on the usb device

#3 q-live

q-live

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE(xboxhaxorz @ Oct 22 2010, 04:22 AM) View Post

I have jtagged several 360s using a single xecuter nand x. I was wondering if the same applies to the ps3 or do i have to leave the usb key inside it.

can you tell me where to get the software and instructions to make this key with my usb?

#4 xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(breathofice @ Oct 22 2010, 08:48 AM) View Post

you must have it inserted every time you start the PS3 up to use any hombrew. After it has completely booted you can remove the usb device but you will have to re-insert it next time you start the ps3 and got through the process every time.

You must have firmware 3.41 installed. You have to cut the power before and reconnect it before attempting to but it in this manner. With the Fat ps3 there is a power switch on the back. With the PS3 slim there is not so you must unplug the power cable or find another way to reset the power. Upon booting you must immediate hit eject. The system will boot into the debug mode assuming everything is setup properly on the usb device

so i assume with the ti 83 or other usb options, such as phone mp3 players we simply load the hack and dont need to keep these devices plugged in?

QUOTE(q-live @ Oct 22 2010, 12:55 PM) View Post

can you tell me where to get the software and instructions to make this key with my usb?

on this forum somewhere

#5 breathofice

breathofice

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:42 AM

no... Whatever Ps3 device you use as a Ps3 hack you have to hook it up every time you boot your ps3. Once its booted into that mode you can unplug it but it has to be inserted every time you start the ps3. Yea the Calculators and cellphones work but this isnt very convienient.

#6 xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:37 AM

ahhhh gotcha now. definitely so pretty much the usb device is acting as a mod chip.

hmm ya whoever invented the cell phone thing is umm odd. im really not going to use my $200 phone as a boot device lol.

i guess now i just need to find a way to internalize the usb key so its not sticking out all the time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users