alexh

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

I want to re-use several of the 10gb Seagate drives I've collected over the years in Retro computers. I do have all the eprom.bin files but I don't know which one goes with which drive.

Does anyone know if Krayzies installer changes the Master Password? I tried unlocking with "TEAMASSEMBLY" and "XBOXSCENE" but neither worked.

Could save me hours of messing with boot disks and eprom.bin files if there is a single password for all drives post Krayzie's softmod.

Thanks

Or if it won't take long with a 10GB drive perhaps direct me to a tool which can perform the SECURE UNIT ERASE and unlock the drive at the same time.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:56 PM

It doesn't. You could try using atapwd with the default Seagate password, "Seagate" + 25 spaces (without the quotation marks).

#3 alexh

alexh

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:55 PM

Thanks but I have tried it already. Doesn't work as either the master password or the user password.

I followed the details here using the MHDD bootable ISO:

http://www.seagateunlock.com/

There is always the possibility that unlocking just doesn't work with my motherboard. Some motherboard's bios automatically issue the freeze command to prevent viruses locking hard drives. I could have sworn I had tried this motherboard before but it was so long ago.

I used xboxhdm back then so perhaps I try that first.

Also turns out that you cannot do what I thought you could do (unlock without the password) using SECURE ERASE sad.gif

Edited by alexh, 24 October 2010 - 12:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users