No replies to this topic

#1 niccador

niccador

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

I've got JTAG box here that is generally behaving very strangely...
Basically, it goes as so:

1. Xellous installed, but cannot boot into it, despite the rest of the mod appearing to go smoothly.

2. First boot, and every other boot, is always E79 (hdd attached, of course).

3. ALWAYS boots into NXE initial setup. When it gets to the profile step, it detects a the previous profile, gives you the option to choose it. If you try to choose an existing profile, the menu overlay starts to come up but basically crashes before you can input anything...it will continue to do this no matter what you choose at that point, forcing you to reboot and start over. If you ignore the existing profile, it will allow you to create a new one, and finish loading the dashboard. (The new profile can be deleted, and you can login to the existing one, at that point.)

4. Runs XexMenu, but crashes with an E71 upon returning to dashboard.

And these are just the quirks I've discovered so far.
Haven't even bothered stress testing it with games yet.

Do you think this is a wiring issue, or do you think perhaps this has something to do with corrupt/bad nand blocks that somehow weren't reallocated properly? Or both?

And one other related question:
If, for some reason, the original nand dump is unavailable (say, corrupt), what would my options be? (The system has no DVD drive, so the keyvault seems secondary to me....) Would I simply redump the current nand, reallocate any sectors, and just reflash it? Would/could I use another nand dump from an identical board as a base?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users