#1 Al1ens

Al1ens

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:31 AM

For ref: I have my 10gig hd (with the retail dash) stored safely away. I also have on my pc, a folder with all the files from an ndure/xboxhdm/unleashx install for backup purposes, inc eeprom and hd data etc...

In my xbox I currently have a 40gig hd running xbmc as my dash replacing unleashx in E:/dash (no shortcut to apps folder, though I do now have the shortcut and cfg to do this) and confluence as skin.
I'm happy with the set up and probably won't ever update the dash as it does all I need.
I just play a few legacy games, and occasionally use the music player for the visulisations on a big screen. I won't ever need to go back to retail dash, ever. I always boot into xbmc from either pressing start or eject.

What I want to know is, taking the above into account, what files can I safely remove from the xbox so I just keep the xbmc?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:36 AM

Assuming that your Xbox is modded with Kingroach NDURE 3.1 (you helpfully omitted that vital detail), you need to KEEP the following:

Everything in C:\
E:\Dash\
E:\ndts\
E:\NKP11\
E:\UDATA\
E:\TDATA\
Any apps you want to keep in E:\Apps\

It is also massively sensible to keep a copy of UnleashX in E:\Apps\UnleashX\, to make any future manual XBMC updates easy.

Everything else can be deleted, including anything in the root of E:\

If you have a different softmod then the list will change.

Edited by Heimdall, 27 October 2010 - 12:38 AM.

#3 Al1ens

Al1ens

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:57 AM

Indeed it was Ndure 3.1 :blush:

I'll have a look with file manager and compare what I have with your list. I may just leave well alone, but I do like to know what's going on behind the scenes.

Thanks cool.gif

#4 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:22 PM

The problem is that the main things taking up space are items like the MS and main dashes on C/E and their Backups. You've already pruned that to the minimum by the sound of it.

There aren't many normal Apps ie. ones you're not likely to use, that are of significant size. If you take that advice about having UNleashX as an app that space you freed by storing your Backup folder to PC will be lost too.

You could look at deleting or archiving game saves and any custom soundtracks you don't want any more on external storage too. That stuff will reduce what's in the TDATA and UDATA folders to a minimum.. That should help a bit, certainly freed up some useful space on my retail HDD but we're talking a few hundred MB not GB.

There are small files. such as non-English.xmls, in some folders that are probably deletable too but that really is pointless.

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(fallenangle @ Oct 27 2010, 01:22 PM) View Post
If you take that advice about having UNleashX as an app that space you freed by storing your Backup folder to PC will be lost too.

The C partition backup on E:\ is 170 MB, whereas a full copy of UnleashX is 3.3 MB. By my maths that's around 166 MB saved, so well worth doing if you're trying to free up space.

#6 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:00 PM

Yep, sorry I was forgetting about all that (considerable) extra stuff on the C drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users