Photo

Will You Buy The Kinect?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you buy the Kinect?

Will you buy the Kinect?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 Dirvance

Dirvance

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

I played at and was not impressed. Im 6'3" and i had to stand so far back from the damn thing to get it to register properly that you better have a big tv or else its pointless.

As many have said before me i don't wanna simulate real life when if i wanna go play basketball i can just go to my court and do so. Its not capable of taking me to the next gen of cool hands free gaming because it can sense everything i can do at once. If anyone has played boxing on anyone of these systems it should be clear. I'm training in MMA and there is no way my little sister should be able to beat me....all she does is flail away like crazy and wins every time.

Kinect me somewhere else and keep your fancy webcam/infared reader.

#47 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:19 PM

quite simply not a chance in hell WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER MS PRODUCT thats my first and main reason.
another reason is it'll probably flop wanna know why lots of game titles are regurgatated basically between titles and formats very few games are really "NEW' and look at history in gaming its never the best that wins only the first
and im afraid nintendo wii got there first look at the ps3 only crap games that retards play use motion controllers i predict the same thing will happen to this sorry if this is unpallatable to hardcore x360 users but i think this is more about dashes and jtags than moition controllers ive allready read that the kinect dash probably wont be able to run on jtags and that my friends is what this device is all about mad.gif
p.s. if the new version of forza say incorperates this conntroller are REAL gamers gonna use a biscuit tin lid or their ms wheel? ok maybe once for the gimmick factor but for proper gameplay no chance!
can anyone really imagine playing bad company2 on this thing no of course not!

Edited by sinclairuser, 09 January 2011 - 06:36 PM.

#48 EvanVanVan

EvanVanVan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(sinclairuser @ Jan 9 2011, 12:19 PM) View Post

quite simply not a chance in hell WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER MS PRODUCT thats my first and main reason.
another reason is it'll probably flop wanna know why lots of game titles are regurgatated basically between titles and formats very few games are really "NEW' and look at history in gaming its never the best that wins only the first
and im afraid nintendo wii got there first look at the ps3 only crap games that retards play use motion controllers i predict the same thing will happen to this sorry if this is unpallatable to hardcore x360 users but i think this is more about dashes and jtags than moition controllers ive allready read that the kinect dash probably wont be able to run on jtags and that my friends is what this device is all about mad.gif
p.s. if the new version of forza say incorperates this conntroller are REAL gamers gonna use a biscuit tin lid or their ms wheel? ok maybe once for the gimmick factor but for proper gameplay no chance!
can anyone really imagine playing bad company2 on this thing no of course not!

uhh...what? couple things, first a flop? it's sold 8 million units (3 million more then microsofts own expectations) and is a helluva lot of fun... secondly, jtags support kinect (and its dash 2.0.12611.0) as i said, its a helluva lot of fun... At first I thought this might be an older post.. but freeBoot 12611 has been out for a long time before your jan 9 post..

#49 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

I bought one on a whim just because Wal-Mart had one in stock before Thanksgiving. I figured I would try it out and if I didn't like it, I would give it to my granddaughter for Christmas. We love it. I went and bought her one for Christmas.

I like the bowling on sports, but can't wait for the Brunswick Bowling to come out. My wife likes the Zumba.

I like the fact that I can get a little exercise while having fun. It won't replace getting outside and getting "real" game play and exercise, but it is good at what it does.

As for hard core gamers, sure, they may not enjoy it. I do envision a weapon controller for getting into a FPS. maybe not as hardcore as MW2 and Black Ops, but maybe Rainbow 6 type games.

My 12 year old granddaughter won four games of boxing against four different opponents in back to back games. Just ask her if that wasn't exercise!

Bottom line, I love it. It works on my JTAG system just fine. I recommend it to everyone that asks.

#50 cornz

cornz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

Oh for FS.
Dear MS, how about a mouse and a fucking keyboard!!!!
Krapect is 3 years too late, has piss poor dull Wii like games and is an exotic but pointless peripheral.
MOUSE and KEYBOARD please.

#51 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(cornz @ Jan 21 2011, 09:53 AM) View Post

Oh for FS.
Dear MS, how about a mouse and a fucking keyboard!!!!
Krapect is 3 years too late, has piss poor dull Wii like games and is an exotic but pointless peripheral.
MOUSE and KEYBOARD please.

BUY A PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#52 Distriived

Distriived

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

I would get it if I had the money. but for now it can wait

#53 mrza1986

mrza1986

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE(Distriived @ Jan 27 2011, 04:45 PM) View Post

I would get it if I had the money. but for now it can wait

I'm an old fashion guy who wants a controller in his hand. It's name says everything IT CONTROLS the GAME so if someone comes into my room I don't want to look like a mega high tripping monkey blink.gif . NO I AM NOT LAZY. Just like my wireless controller so much. I got something in my hand and it works. BTW how many games so far can be played with KINECT (so caled PROJECT NARNIA)? FEW? With my controllers ALL OF THEM except those few. Some day it might be a normal thing but even then...no thanks.

#54 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:14 PM

price would have to drop by half before I'd even consider it.

#55 J-VEGA

J-VEGA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

In the following address:

http://pablot.com/in...der&subsite=360

Just writing:

What's the difference between you and a mallard with a cold?

What is it? Is it a kind of joke? mad.gif

#56 Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE(J-VEGA @ Mar 7 2011, 11:16 AM) View Post

In the following address:
http://pablot.com/in...der&subsite=360

Just writing:

What's the difference between you and a mallard with a cold?
What is it? Is it a kind of joke? mad.gif

Well, one's a sick duck and I can't remember how it ends, but your mother's a whore.

#57 Grim187

Grim187

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:34 AM

its been a year...time for a new poll?

#58 hyfall381

hyfall381

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

I agree. Time for a new poll!!!! tongue.gif

#59 Mack702

Mack702

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:12 AM

Yeap Time for a new poll indeed biggrin.gif

#60 TAz00

TAz00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

It's a leap year, so yeah, a new poll would be in order.

*edit Something like, "Will this poll be updated when a new xbox is released?"

Edited by TAz00, 04 April 2012 - 05:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users