6 replies to this topic

#1 bigtone0777

bigtone0777

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

Hi all, I am trying to dump a 93450c using CK3 and Probe 2.
I have cleaned and cut the tracks and cleaned the solder pads for the probe to connect to. I'm connecting the probe, powering on the CK3 and then refreshing the sata ports but Jungle is not finding the drive.
I tried the drive before I opened it and have tried another drive on there since getting this problem so I know it's not a sata problem.
Oh and I tested my cuts with a multi meter so I know they're good too!
Any ideas anyone????

#2 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:17 AM

hit intro if u know u are on the right port.

#3 bigtone0777

bigtone0777

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

I've tried that and get either a 0xF0 or 0x80 status.

I have added a pic of my cuts and prep just in case there's something silly that I'm not seeing that you more experienced guys will pic up on.

After seeing the pic I wasn't sure about the bottom cut so I got the multimeter on it again and there's definately no continuity.

IPB Image

#4 cignu

cignu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE(bigtone0777 @ Oct 29 2010, 10:02 PM) View Post

Any ideas anyone????

My pc also didn't recognize that drive, and I solved it by rebooting the pc with my ck3 switched on. Like that it would see a peripheral since the boot. But others liteons of mine needed to be switched on only at startup, or only when in desktop, or only when jf is running.... well, trial and error.

#5 turny

turny

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(bigtone0777 @ Oct 30 2010, 11:47 AM) View Post

I've tried that and get either a 0xF0 or 0x80 status.

I have added a pic of my cuts and prep just in case there's something silly that I'm not seeing that you more experienced guys will pic up on.

After seeing the pic I wasn't sure about the bottom cut so I got the multimeter on it again and there's definately no continuity.

IPB Image

because you have opted to do a two cut isolation on via 101 ,you need a jumper either side to continue
the 3.3v along the track,the only time a jumper isnt required is with the single cut or v cut as the track
isnt actually isolated, only the via.

#6 bigtone0777

bigtone0777

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:40 PM

Thanks Turny!
Done that and it worked great.

Now my next question lol.
I have dumped the FW 7 times and the key matches every time. However I get the message saying Lite.OFW is missing some drive specific information. Then when I click yes to continue I get the message do you wish to repair the serial from drive bar codes?
What do I do? Has the FW not dumped correctly or do I need to continue anyway and just spoof my drive key into the LT Firmware?
Thanks for your help!

#7 bigtone0777

bigtone0777

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:56 PM

All done and working. Thanks Guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users