• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 someguy11

someguy11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

I have a green halo edition(1.2) xbox given to me by my brother in law. At one time it was modded with a solderless xenium modchip. When he moved one time, he knocked it lose, took it out, and ended up breaking it.

When I turn the xbox on, the light flashes red and it goes to the needs service screen. Is there a way to softmod or do something else to this without buying another modchip?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:35 PM

Yes. How you do it depends on which error number you see on the error screen.

#3 someguy11

someguy11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:18 PM

I was getting an error 9 which I guess is a bad cable, so I replaced the ide cable, and now the xbox turns on, does the initial sound and shows the green x flash screen animation and then just sits there with a green x and xbox on the screen.

Sorry, scratch that, I replaced the ide cable again to a non cable select cable and I'm now getting an error 5.

Edited by someguy11, 30 October 2010 - 08:27 PM.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:42 PM

The disk is unlocked, so you need the eeprom (i.e. the file eeprom.bin) to relock it. There might be a copy on the hard drive, and you can check with Xplorer360 beta 6 on your PC. If it isn't there then you'll need to build an eeprom reader. Once you have the eeprom you can use xboxhdm and Kingroach NDURE 3.1 to build and lock the disk.

Alternatively you could fit a chip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users