• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ginjasy

Ginjasy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:51 PM

Ok I've searched but can't find an answer. I have 2 consoles and 1 Hard Drive. 1 Console is Flashed the other is Legit. I use the same Hard Drive on both consoles. I never go Online with my Flashed Console only the Legit console but do play Backups using the same Profile on the same Hard Drive I go Online with on my Legit Console.
I have been playing Black Ops (unstealthed) and was wondering if MS would be able to tell I've been playing Backups on a different Console when I go Online on my Legit Console.
Thanks for any help or opinions on this matter.

#2 Redpizzi

Redpizzi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:15 AM

Hi
I am wondering the same thing.

I have updated the Dash on the Legit Xbox that is not chipped
but i am still using the old dash on the chipped xbox...

All i do is swap hardrives... never does the internet touch my chipped xbox.

and i never use chipped games to go online......

Can MS ban the none chipped one?
Or can MS ban my live account?

#3 Ginjasy

Ginjasy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:02 AM

Exactly, although thinking about it there would need to be some hidden info in Saves or Cache (or some other hidden process).

#4 Redpizzi

Redpizzi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

i know the first time i tried it

I was playing fifa 11 on the legit xbox and all was fine
then i played castlevania on the chipped xbox
then i put fifa 11 back in the legit xbox and my Download content was corrept and had to download again..

Could be the start of something i dont know about..

#5 Popple

Popple

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:12 AM

Well if you have a newer xbox (with built in memory unit) You could keep the hard drive on one box and use a usb to transfer profile. Thats if your worried about content being scanned (which is highly unlikely and probably illegal).

If your worried about that you might aswell be worried if you emailed someone about modding an xbox for you from a hotmail account (owned by microsoft) on a pc using windows (which microsoft owns). Im jus sayin tongue.gif

#6 Bearhug

Bearhug

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:24 AM

No it is not a problem. Interchanging the HD.

There may be some issues with the new dash, AP2.5 games and modded xbox's but interchanging the HD will make no difference, nor make you detectable and bannable through the Harddrive.

Play away.

PS> Once a console becomes banned however, any content accessed on that banned console (i.e. Gamer Profiles, games saves etc) will corrupt when you try to use it on your non-banned console. It is the console that corrupts the data however, not the HD and it will not have any effect on any other console you use it on.

#7 apopberz

apopberz

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:45 AM

I was under the impression that the corruption caused by saving on a banned console was revoked in a dash update? Was this something else?

#8 apopberz

apopberz

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:31 AM

Scratch that, found my answer here http://forums.xbox-s...o...18356&st=15 on post #19

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users