2 replies to this topic

#1 mizer66669

mizer66669

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:25 AM

Hi,
I have a stock 74850c, pc with COM port and TTL to Serial converter ( MAX3232 ).
Going through the JungleFlasher tutorial it mentions that i can use it but shows in details only the already made probes and i want to use the converter since i already have it.

Went through tons of posts and basically want to ensure what is the latest up to date way to do it.
I want this to be as much solderless as possible so boxxdr method or full MRA is not an option ( don`t care about the calibration data )

So basically from the converter i have 4 wires sticking out: Tx, Rx, ground and + ( 3-5 V )
From what i already was able to find out - i take the power to the converter either from the molex at the PC or i can also "steal" it directly form the drive board when the power connects to it from Xbox ( that way i can get 3.3 and ground )

Once i have the power - make a "probe/spear" by getting smth that will get into the tiny whole below pin 707 on the board and connect it/ solder it to the Tx or Rx wire that goes out from the converter ??
Once i all ahve it i go with the standard procedure outlined in the jungleflasher ( half open tray, probing the 707 and so on )
Is that the correct way to do it ?

Edited by mizer66669, 03 November 2010 - 10:53 AM.

#2 mizer66669

mizer66669

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

I got the info that basically you are connecting Rx cable to the Tx R707 hole, also found the thread about using the old nokia DKU-5 cable that is confirmed to be working:
IPB Image
The only difference here i see is that You don`t need to insert any ground or power to this usb cable, only get Rx to the R707 pin
So supplying the converter with power is no longer needed ?
Is it true that this will also work for normal COM cable - no need to get power supply to it as well ?

#3 mizer66669

mizer66669

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

OK, let`s the talking to myself via community board continue so anyone that come across this issue can benefit from it.
i found out that basically you can use the dku nokia cable if you don`t have the COM port, or You can simply use the standard COM port cable and do smth like this:
IPB Image
Red wire is a Rx that goes beneath r707 pin and the aligator clip one is the ground that as i believe goes to the xbox chassis to keep the ground with PC the same.
As a side note - the USB cable only have a Rx cable - no need for ground so i don`t know if they just ommited that safety precaution or with usb it`s not needed ( can`t figure out the idea why tough ).
I`ll give my old converter a try today and post an outcome below if possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users