Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

First Pictures of the x360SED v1.0 'Stealth Eject' Chip
Posted by XanTium | November 4 12:31 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Logic-Sunrise released the first pictures of the x360SED v1.0 'Stealth Eject' Chip for Xbox360 DVD drives. It will allow you to bypass the new AP2.5 protection in new games with the new Fall2010 (12611) dashboard and it'll allow you to play multi-player games on several consoles using just 1 disc of the game. It's not LIVE-safe however, so for non-LIVE consoles only. More details about the chip in our previous news.

Official Site: http://consoles.librasoft.fr/
News-Source/More Pictures: xbox-360.logic-sunrise.com

#2 Lsd

Lsd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:45 PM

how completely and utterly worthless this chip is. Oh well, there are suckers born every minute. Good luck to the developer i guess

#3 Haruno

Haruno

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

I'll be surprised if they make a profit from producing this useless crap.

#4 Haruno

Haruno

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:14 PM

Tatsh, the first thing that happened to the 360 scene was c4eva's dvd firmware.
It was ONLY piracy before homebrew.
Homebrew brought more piracy in terms of XBLA but oh well.

Doesn't mean there shouldn't be a new rebooter. If anything, take out xlive so there wont be modded lobbies anymore. I don't see how that's a big deal because jtag + live is instant ban anyway.

#5 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

This is completely counterproductive, and it will get you banned from Xbox Live if you use it (which is the whole purpose for the product). Stupid. Just buy games and you'll be fine.

#6 Tatsh

Tatsh

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

I'm well aware that the first thing was piracy with c4eva's firmware mods, and we knew that couldn't really lead us down the road to firmware unless there would've been a vulnerability in there to run code on the machine as opposed to just the micro-controller in the drives. Clearly not the case as nothing has happened from DVD firmware except piracy and legitimate backups. I believe in your right to make backups. I used to use my Kreon drive to do so. That is, your OWN backups from your OWN real legitimate games. Microsoft may disagree and so might the DMCA but we know a consumer war is really going to begin when they bring on the next format and and the next telling us we have to buy all our media AGAIN (mainly talking about films here).

I'm not sure why people go on-line with JTAGs anyway. It is an instant ban nearly. I would never take any of mine on-line for any reason.

#7 diablomastabarb

diablomastabarb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:37 PM

Really? 2 diodes and an IC? This is the leading edge in technology, guys.
Anyone with a little knowledge in small electronics and a manufacturer's sheet can build this for about $2, plus shipping. Mind you, you'd have to wire the connectors manually, but still, I'd prefer that to paying ridiculous amounts of money for components readily available elsewhere at far less of a price.

Besides, given the fact that this is such a novel device, I don't see why it would even be worth the effort, let alone the money.

Edited by diablomastabarb, 04 November 2010 - 06:45 PM.

#8 RoCkP

RoCkP

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

omfg that is so cool,we can play games on our 360's without the disc...oh wait my jtag does that just fine and i can play much more people online thru kai without needing to crowd all my buddies in my living room and setup tv's and xboxes like its the next bieber....good effort not enough thought as to why people would want to buy this product.

tatsh with all due respect- if your so against piracy and have so much negative things to say about the scene,why do u have 2 jtag consoles?the purpose of a jtag for 99% of people is to be pirates.you cant say its for homebrew because there isnt that much and most of it is emulators and rom sets.i hope you dont think your emus and rom sets dont have an owner -think again.if you dont have it for those reasons then the last one would be hosting prestige lobbies and modding games and if this is what your doing,your way worse then any of us pirates.avast ya stinkin land lubber time to walk the plank and take a trip down to me mateys place in davey jones locker!!me dont know which bung hole you climbed out of ya filthy bilge rat but me n my matey's are the greatest pirates that ever sailed these digital seas!! ((NO OFFENSE))

Edited by RoCkP, 04 November 2010 - 07:02 PM.

#9 Bad_Ad

Bad_Ad

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(Tatsh @ Nov 4 2010, 06:28 PM) View Post

Clearly not the case as nothing has happened from DVD firmware except piracy and legitimate backups.

Wrong. King Kong exploit came from the hacked dvd drives that would play a king kong disc with the patched files.

no hacked dvd firmware = no king kong exploit, which was the first homebrew solution for the 360

QUOTE(diablomastabarb @ Nov 4 2010, 06:37 PM) View Post

Really? 2 diodes and an IC? This is the leading edge in technology, guys.
Anyone with a little knowledge in small electronics and a manufacturer's sheet can build this for about $2, plus shipping. Mind you, you'd have to wire the connectors manually, but still, I'd prefer that to paying ridiculous amounts of money for components readily available elsewhere at far less of a price.

Besides, given the fact that this is such a novel device, I don't see why it would even be worth the effort, let alone the money.

The IC will have code on it, the protection bit will be set, so people cant just read the code off it.

Someone could reverse it, but its trival to make anyway from scratch. its just stopping the eject line going high or low, then the wire you need to solder will be to a point to either eject the disk or a line to keep the drive as "in".

This is all from not even looking at the 360 or the drive, but basic electronics and an educated guess.

Edited by Bad_Ad, 04 November 2010 - 06:54 PM.

#10 diablomastabarb

diablomastabarb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(Bad_Ad @ Nov 4 2010, 06:56 PM) View Post

The IC will have code on it, the protection bit will be set, so people cant just read the code off it.

Someone could reverse it, but its trival to make anyway from scratch. its just stopping the eject line going high or low, then the wire you need to solder will be to a point to either eject the disk or a line to keep the drive as "in".

This is all from not even looking at the 360 or the drive, but basic electronics and an educated guess.

Exactly.

#11 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Football (US), Pro Wrestling, Anime

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(Bad_Ad @ Nov 4 2010, 01:56 PM) View Post

just like the psjailbreak, right smile.gif

i would be surprised if this code doesn't leak before the product ships

#12 ddxcb

ddxcb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(Bad_Ad @ Nov 4 2010, 10:56 AM) View Post

Wrong. King Kong exploit came from the hacked dvd drives that would play a king kong disc with the patched files.

no hacked dvd firmware = no king kong exploit, which was the first homebrew solution for the 360

Dont forget ms firmware update that allows more excutable in the HV. tongue.gif

#13 Takashi

Takashi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE(RoCkP @ Nov 4 2010, 12:45 PM) View Post

...and xboxes like its the next bieber...

Somehow sticking Justin Bieber into an XBS post, Amazing!
biggrin.gif

#14 robsonnbi

robsonnbi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:22 AM

And here are the winning lotto numbers of today:

1-2-f-6-7-5

Edited by robsonnbi, 05 November 2010 - 12:23 AM.

#15 symbal

symbal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:52 AM

All this talk about hardware mods making people money but where the hell's the software exploits? I keep reading for even a crumb of news to give me some hope 360 homebrew becomes more than just ways of simplifying getting all your retail software for free, everyone but the most delusional among us know Jtag is a complete lost cause, so one simple question, is anything currently happening to give any hope of an exploit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users