24 replies to this topic

#1 poods

poods

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:20 PM

Hello,

Been coming to the forums for sometime but first time I have posted. I have a banned 360 with a Benq drive I flashed with LT 1.0 awhile back. I recently got Kinect updated it and played Adventures original for awhile. I then tried playing a backup of Kinect Sports and Fighters Uncaged and both show "PLAY DVD". The backups are read fine in my other 360 (they show play game atleast but I have not tried playing them).

Has anyone else encountered this? Anyone have suggestions?

Thank you very much

#2 MSsucksgonnabuyaPS3

MSsucksgonnabuyaPS3

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(poods @ Nov 5 2010, 11:20 AM) View Post

Hello,

Been coming to the forums for sometime but first time I have posted. I have a banned 360 with a Benq drive I flashed with LT 1.0 awhile back. I recently got Kinect updated it and played Adventures original for awhile. I then tried playing a backup of Kinect Sports and Fighters Uncaged and both show "PLAY DVD". The backups are read fine in my other 360 (they show play game atleast but I have not tried playing them).

Has anyone else encountered this? Anyone have suggestions?

Thank you very much

try updating your LT to 1.2 and see if it works

#3 poods

poods

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

Ok I will this evening and report back here.

Thank you

#4 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:12 PM

Wait for LT+. Nobody should be using any backups that have the fall dashboard update until LT+.

Remember once you are banned you will not be able to load new backups anymore. And you will get banned even if you never connect to Live.

#5 poods

poods

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Nov 5 2010, 01:12 PM) View Post

Wait for LT+. Nobody should be using any backups that have the fall dashboard update until LT+.

Remember once you are banned you will not be able to load new backups anymore. And you will get banned even if you never connect to Live.

Thank you I am skipping this on my other boxes but as I stated this box is banned already and used just for cases like this.

I am hoping the upgrade from LT 1.0 to 1.2 might fix this "play dvd" issue it seems to be only with Kinect backups.

Thanks

#6 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(poods @ Nov 5 2010, 03:32 PM) View Post

Thank you I am skipping this on my other boxes but as I stated this box is banned already and used just for cases like this.

I am hoping the upgrade from LT 1.0 to 1.2 might fix this "play dvd" issue it seems to be only with Kinect backups.

Thanks

Once your console gets the new ap2.5 ban there wont be any more playing of new backups no matter what firmware you use.

#7 poods

poods

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Nov 5 2010, 01:52 PM) View Post

Once your console gets the new ap2.5 ban there wont be any more playing of new backups no matter what firmware you use.

Thanks for the info, Ranger. My general thinking is stay away from Fable 3 and new releases (should be easy since this box was more for my kids to beat around on). Did not realize if an AP2.5 game is accidentally played it would lock out new backups permanently, I was under the impression it was just a temporary lock until a new firmware was out.

Thank you for the information.

#8 darkneovamp

darkneovamp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Nov 5 2010, 03:52 PM) View Post

I Have been banned and have the ap2.5 flag. I can still play backups, other than Fable 3 that is, every new back up still works: Black ops, Castlevania, Vanquish, rockband 3 all work. I have a benq with Lt 1.2 I have not tried any kinect games yet cause I dont have one yet. I have seen reports of this "play DVD" problem being solved by wave patching to wave 4.

#9 astr4twin

astr4twin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Nov 5 2010, 08:52 PM) View Post

Where did you get that information from?

As far as i am aware if you insert an AP2.5 game in on the new dash you will be flagged for a ban and HDD/swap will corrupt and thats it.

Any new games coming out without AP2.5 will still boot and then any games with AP2.5 wont boot but that will soon be fixed when LT+ is released.

There are many people ran Fable III and got the AP2.5 ban and can still play games which have been released since on all drives.

I'm going to presume iv'e picked you up wrong but if not please enlighten me to this new information.

#10 poods

poods

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(darkneovamp @ Nov 5 2010, 02:45 PM) View Post

I Have been banned and have the ap2.5 flag. I can still play backups, other than Fable 3 that is, every new back up still works: Black ops, Castlevania, Vanquish, rockband 3 all work. I have a benq with Lt 1.2 I have not tried any kinect games yet cause I dont have one yet. I have seen reports of this "play DVD" problem being solved by wave patching to wave 4.

I will try and update my benq tonight and let you know the results with the Kinect games. If you happen to try a Kinect game on your Benq with the dash update please let me know your results. It seems to be only the Kinect games that show "Play DVD" on the dashboard even Fable 3 shows "Play Game" (I just have not attempted to play it)

Thanks

#11 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE(astr4twin @ Nov 5 2010, 04:48 PM) View Post

Where did you get that information from?

As far as i am aware if you insert an AP2.5 game in on the new dash you will be flagged for a ban and HDD/swap will corrupt and thats it.

Any new games coming out without AP2.5 will still boot and then any games with AP2.5 wont boot but that will soon be fixed when LT+ is released.

There are many people ran Fable III and got the AP2.5 ban and can still play games which have been released since on all drives.
I'm going to presume iv'e picked you up wrong but if not please enlighten me to this new information.

Only games with AP2.5 enabled wont boot after the ban. All others should boot.

Pretty sure all LT+ will do is help prevent the AP2.5 ban from happening but wont help an already banned console load the backups.

I could be wrong but there are already a number of threads about this very same topic and no need to go into it more here.

#12 darkneovamp

darkneovamp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE(poods @ Nov 5 2010, 04:52 PM) View Post

I will try and update my benq tonight and let you know the results with the Kinect games. If you happen to try a Kinect game on your Benq with the dash update please let me know your results. It seems to be only the Kinect games that show "Play DVD" on the dashboard even Fable 3 shows "Play Game" (I just have not attempted to play it)

Thanks

Okay sounds good. Just post your results when you get around to updating. I would try a kinect game but am all out of DVD+R DL's sad.gif
I ran a kinect backup iso through ABGX after the wave patch and it looked normal with no yellow text. So I'm hopping that wave patching will bypass the small update that the kinect games are asking for.

#13 Charbless

Charbless

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Nov 5 2010, 11:03 PM) View Post

Only games with AP2.5 enabled wont boot after the ban. All others should boot.

Pretty sure all LT+ will do is help prevent the AP2.5 ban from happening but wont help an already banned console load the backups.
I could be wrong but there are already a number of threads about this very same topic and no need to go into it more here.

The way it sounds how you are describing it is if you already have a banned console and place an ap2.5 in your drive you can't run it no matter what firmware your drives running right?

Well this can't be true otherwise ms would be in trouble because they are disabling systems from doing what they are suppose to do play games this problem would stop orignals playing aswell which they can't do that.

I think the problem is firmware on the drive so once new LT is out it should be fine again to run games.

#14 dizmilli

dizmilli

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:27 PM

I am not sure if this will work but since you have a Banned ben-q drive 360, could you update to the firmware to 1.41 NON-STEALTH FW REV 2 (12X). I think it may boot AP2.5. I used this firmware until LT came out.

Good Luck

#15 poods

poods

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:44 PM

Just an update...opened my box and flashed my banned Benq with LT 1.2 it now plays the Kinect backups I have created without issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users