karlo2012

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(naser075 @ Nov 7 2010, 08:15 AM) View Post

hello every1
what do i do with all these other files that i downloaded
3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th Wave self-extracting archive (for Windows) - abgx360_video_waves_3-7_sfx.exe - 164 MB
8th/9th Wave self-extracting archive (for Windows) - abgx360_video_waves_8-9_sfx.exe - 102 MB
3rd Wave (2.0.7357.0) - Video_0E58FB9D.rar - 68 MB - ReadMe
4th Wave (2.0.8498.0) - Video_1914211B.rar - 76 MB - ReadMe
5th Wave (2.0.8507.0) - Video_D80BF8B6.rar - 76 MB - ReadMe
6th Wave (2.0.8955.0) - Video_E2FA3A26.rar - 76 MB - ReadMe
7th Wave (2.0.9199.0) - Video_33B734F8.rar - 76 MB - ReadMe
8th Wave (2.0.12413.0) - Video_F69FD42F.rar - 77 MB - ReadMe
9th Wave (2.0.12416.0) - Video_77B53B72.rar - 77 MB - ReadMe

I believe Halikus has it right. To find the folder easily, just open the Abgx360 GUI & click on Help. Then click on "Where is my StealthFiles folder?" & when prompted to open it, open it. That's where you extract the files. I think if you download the 3-7 waves & 8-9 exe file it will put the files in the right folder but double check to make sure it goes to the folder Abgx360 opened for the StealthFiles.

#17 Seacrest

Seacrest

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Your mom
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(MrFish @ Nov 7 2010, 12:46 PM) View Post

1) Only in jurisdictions that forbid unilateral contracts
2) If that's really the case, then the author would have to explicitly grant permission for each and every download of the source, because copying is one of the rights reserved to the author under copyright law.

Since 2) is insane and clearly not intended, there must be some form of implicit license. If I were a user of this program, I might be more at ease were it codified and clarified.

If you are the author, you'd better reimplement, or eliminate fnmatch.c: it's GPLv2 or later, and therefore incompatible with the licensing of the work as a whole. The FSF is not terribly litigious, but it does have lawyers and money.

All of this crap just gives me a headache. There is actually no copyright notice inside the abgx360 CLI app binary or the windows installer, only in the GUI source/binary, abgx360.c and website html because those are the only files which i have actually made entirely from scratch. If I have no right to say what can be done with the work as a whole because it depends on source code or libraries that are not public domain and require a certain license for derivative works, then I will not claim such a right.

Look, all i want is for people to stop making shitty versions of abgx360 that get stuck in an endless loop of hammering the database or making official sounding websites full of misinformation or potential viruses.

#18 fayd

fayd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:45 PM

It is impossible to down load all files form megaupload and hotfile.

#19 oddbalz

oddbalz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:umm.. stuff
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE(fayd @ Nov 7 2010, 10:45 PM) View Post

It is impossible to down load all files form megaupload and hotfile.

use a proxy.. or wait :-/ or try and get a new IP if you don't have a fixed ip

#20 Kreten

Kreten

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE(gwellan @ Nov 6 2010, 07:04 PM) View Post

When checking wave 6 games it reports Wave 7, I wonder what it says with actual wave 7 games

Video partition does not match known data (probably corrupt but might be a
brand new wave if this is a new game and abgx360.dat hasn't been updated yet)

Stealth status is uncertain

That's what mine says on COD Black Ops after updating to abgx360 v1.0.3

#21 iGuru

iGuru

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE(Kreten @ Nov 8 2010, 02:50 AM) View Post

That would be because COD Black Ops does not exist in the ABGX360 verified database yet...

#22 Seacrest

Seacrest

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(Kreten @ Nov 7 2010, 10:50 PM) View Post

Video partition does not match known data (probably corrupt but might be a
brand new wave if this is a new game and abgx360.dat hasn't been updated yet)

QUOTE(iGuru @ Nov 8 2010, 06:35 AM) View Post

That would be because COD Black Ops does not exist in the ABGX360 verified database yet...

No, when it says "probably corrupt" it means it. I'm 99% sure he has the corrupt repack of the repack that's floating around. The other 1% is for the off chance that he ripped it himself and his system is unstable.

#23 sittingduck77

sittingduck77

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

Just a little observation regarding COD - Black Ops. I am positive i saw this game listed as game no. 1026 that had been verified by abgx360 last night. However, today the game isn't listed anymore. If it was verified then why was it pulled again...? Just wondering.

#24 Seacrest

Seacrest

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(sittingduck77 @ Nov 8 2010, 09:28 AM) View Post

Just a little observation regarding COD - Black Ops. I am positive i saw this game listed as game no. 1026 that had been verified by abgx360 last night. However, today the game isn't listed anymore. If it was verified then why was it pulled again...? Just wondering.

The uploader broke the rule about no verifications before official release date because "every shop" in his Italian town was selling it early on saturday. It was up for about an hour before I took it down.

#25 sittingduck77

sittingduck77

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:51 PM

Sounds reasonable. Thanks for a useful tool.

#26 DARKFiB3R

DARKFiB3R

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:11 AM

Feature request.

Would it be possible to have the program output to the CLI, and also generate a .txt file when the operation is complete, and automatically have that file named something along the lines of...

abgx360 - Wave6 - Patched SSv2 = PASS.txt

#27 MrFish

MrFish

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(Seacrest @ Nov 7 2010, 08:38 PM) View Post

All of this crap just gives me a headache.

That's understandable: copyright is hard. And it helps to be a little bit anal-retentive.

There is actually no copyright notice inside the abgx360 CLI app binary or the windows installer, only in the GUI source/binary, abgx360.c and website html because those are the only files which i have actually made entirely from scratch. If I have no right to say what can be done with the work as a whole because it depends on source code or libraries that are not public domain and require a certain license for derivative works, then I will not claim such a right.

That's not how copyright works, though. Whether you want them to or not, any file you've modified becomes a derived work, copyright of both the original authors and yourself. Copyright no longer ignores you if you ignore it.

In addition, you have no right, at all, to distribute code if you don't have a license (or meet the requirements of a conditional grant of license). Which means that the situation goes beyond simply having no say over what can be done with the work as a whole: if even one author does not permit redistribution, you can't legally distribute at all.

At the moment, you have no license from the FSF over fnmatch.c from GlibC, and thus have no right to distribute it, and thus have no right to distribute the work as a whole.

It's not all bad news, though: almost all the rest of the code, AFAICT, is BSD/MIT licensed. The BSD and MIT licenses give you the right to do whatever the hell you like (sell copies, relicense under completely different terms, introduce additional restrictions in the EULA, not distribute the source - Hell, Windows has MIT and BSD code in it), as long as you don't misrepresent the authorship of the work.

In simple terms, all you need to do is compile a list of the authors of the stuff you're using, and display it somewhere in the work, and then you can do what you like with the work. But you really should read each license: the stuff below is just a simplified summary, and not legal advice.

There are a few licenses that need special treatment, though:

GPL code, your app needs to be licensed under the GPL, or a license more permissive, and needs to meet the distribution requirements in the GPL, and needs to impose no additional restrictions. This is likely too much to ask, in which case you'll have to use a different library.

LGPL code (I'm simplifying, you really should read the license), you just need to provide the source code for the library, and the means (and right) for the end-user to use a different version of the library. Linking the library from a DLL is usually the easiest way to do this.

OpenSSL has an 'obnoxious advertising clause', which means you need to add an advert for OpenSSL somewhere in the documentation and the website for the program.

If you were to take out the GPL code and compile an AUTHORS document, you would have a legal leg to stand on when asserting ownership, and would be able to DMCA sites and people that infringed your license.

Look, all i want is for people to stop making shitty versions of abgx360 that get stuck in an endless loop of hammering the database or making official sounding websites full of misinformation or potential viruses.

The easiest way to do this is not with copyright, but with trademark and contract law: rather than restrict use/modification of the program, restrict use of the name 'abgx', and restrict access to the database. Give out credentials to access the database on a case-by-case basis, contingent on accepting a TOS that requires good behaviour. Don't include credentials in the distributed source.

DMCA people that copy the credentials from the official version. DMCA websites that use the trademark 'abgx' to peddle malware.

#28 sittingduck77

sittingduck77

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:03 PM

The tool works, and Seacrest is happy with the way things are right now. As are everybody else. Enough said.

#29 Skywalker

Skywalker

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

mac osx version is still 1.0.2 why? any ideas? i do not want to run win at all

#30 Seacrest

Seacrest

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(Skywalker @ Nov 9 2010, 04:35 PM) View Post

mac osx version is still 1.0.2 why? any ideas? i do not want to run win at all

Refresh the download page, I just put it up. Let me know whether it works or not and which version of OS X you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users