• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 erehwon6811

erehwon6811

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:23 AM

I have XBMC installed as an app on an xbox. I'm wanting to have it launch as the dashboard. I've forgotten how I did it on one of mine. I tried this shortcut maker from a guide on this site, but couldn't get it to work. What is the safest way to do this?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:29 AM

Use the Team XBMC shortcut. You edit the shortcut config file to point at your XBMC installation, and put the shorcut xbe and the config file in place of your current dash, with the same name as your current dash.

#3 erehwon6811

erehwon6811

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Nov 7 2010, 07:29 PM) View Post
Use the Team XBMC shortcut. You edit the shortcut config file to point at your XBMC installation, and put the shorcut xbe and the config file in place of your current dash, with the same name as your current dash.

Is this the Shortcut you are referring to? I found it on this guide. Also, when I replace those files, do I leave the skins and trainers folder in the Dashboard folder alone?

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:00 AM

That looks like the team UIX shortcut. Find an old T3CH build of XBMC, the Team XBMC shortcut files you want are in the \_tools\ directory.

There's no point leaving the skins etc. there. I'd take a copy of the whole of the dash folder and put it in E:\Apps\<name_of_dash>\ so it's there for updating etc., then delete everything from the dash folder and replace it with the shortcut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users