10 replies to this topic

#1 graelb

graelb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:55 AM

Hi Folks,

I've been reading around on the new AP2.5 security features, and decided to check my Xval status... only to discover that it fails the challenge. This opens a few questions to my mind.

1.) Does this mean that my console will be banned from live at some point here in the future?
2.) I cannot play any new games that have the AP 2.5 security activated on them?
3. Is there any way to reverse the flag at this point? (Note: I have indeed gone on live since trying to play Fable III BEFORE reading anything on the new update.

#2 crackalac

crackalac

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:01 AM

If youve connected with the flag in place, it is almost surely too late for this xbox. you may want to turn it into an offline only box to avoid it being actually banned. although if it already has the ap 2.5 corruption this may not really benefit you much...

Edited by crackalac, 08 November 2010 - 03:01 AM.

#3 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE(crackalac @ Nov 7 2010, 07:01 PM) View Post

you may want to turn it into an offline only box to avoid it being actually banned.

Not trying to flame you at all, but I always wonder why people say this. Basically what you are saying is if you don't want to be banned and never use Live, then don't use Live. Doing that ensures you never ever get to use Live. I say, your flagged, use Live as much as you can now cause you are on a short rope...

#4 graelb

graelb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:42 AM

Hrm. Lame. =P

most reports that i had read stated that they were getting errors about corrupted profiles and the like. None of that here. In fact the only reason i thought to check if i was flagged was because i tried F3 soon after updating. Didn't even think about it at the time.

Sucks, You're so careful not to get on live when a backup is in the tray, and then WHAM. they get you offline... sigh.

Is there still hope for playing the newer games if i use some specific FW?

Also... would a legit fable 3 play? or would that cause the same problem?

#5 sidneysides

sidneysides

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(BigSteel @ Nov 8 2010, 02:09 AM) View Post

Not trying to flame you at all, but I always wonder why people say this. Basically what you are saying is if you don't want to be banned and never use Live, then don't use Live. Doing that ensures you never ever get to use Live. I say, your flagged, use Live as much as you can now cause you are on a short rope...

I see what you're saying, but as soon as I had a flag 12 months ago I took it offline, as once the ban kicked in, you lose the ability to install to the HD and Windows Media Center no longer works. So there are benefits to taking it offline before you get banned.
We also do not know what will become inoperable when they ban this time. Last year it was Media Center and install to HD. This time it could be much worse!

#6 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(sidneysides @ Nov 8 2010, 02:09 PM) View Post

I see what you're saying, but as soon as I had a flag 12 months ago I took it offline, as once the ban kicked in, you lose the ability to install to the HD and Windows Media Center no longer works. So there are benefits to taking it offline before you get banned.
We also do not know what will become inoperable when they ban this time. Last year it was Media Center and install to HD. This time it could be much worse!

in case you didn't know, installing the newest dash (or a few versions prior) re-enables harddrive installs for banned systems.

that being said, unless you manually uncripple your system, you still won't be able to sign content, so anything that gets written by that system will be locked to that system (as it will show up as corrupted on others)

#7 graelb

graelb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Nov 8 2010, 12:48 PM) View Post

that being said, unless you manually uncripple your system, you still won't be able to sign content, so anything that gets written by that system will be locked to that system (as it will show up as corrupted on others)

Uncripple your system how? AFAIK, there are mod chips, firmware flashes, and jtag... am i missing something here?

#8 janna

janna

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE(graelb @ Nov 8 2010, 09:09 PM) View Post

Uncripple your system how? AFAIK, there are mod chips, firmware flashes, and jtag... am i missing something here?

I too would like to know how to uncripple the xbox as I totally messed up and tried to play acb and corrupted the gamer profile. (The xbox was alread banned I just use it for offline gaming)

#9 greedy_boy_3

greedy_boy_3

Pirate

• XS-BANNED
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE(graelb @ Nov 8 2010, 04:42 AM) View Post

Hrm. Lame. =P

most reports that i had read stated that they were getting errors about corrupted profiles and the like. None of that here. In fact the only reason i thought to check if i was flagged was because i tried F3 soon after updating. Didn't even think about it at the time.

Sucks, You're so careful not to get on live when a backup is in the tray, and then WHAM. they get you offline... sigh.

Is there still hope for playing the newer games if i use some specific FW?

Also... would a legit fable 3 play? or would that cause the same problem?

Fair play, but when you say 'and then WHAM. they get you offline', do you mean, 'and then WHAM. people post numerous articles online explaining AP2.5 and the dangers of FABLE III, yet I try to play it regardless and they get you offline'

Basically you didn't keep up-to-date, knowledge-wise. I'm not dissin' you, but you have to admit that you could have easily avoided your predicament. It's not like M$ sent a ninja in to catch you out in the middle of the night or something.

#10 sonic2120

sonic2120

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Nov 8 2010, 02:48 PM) View Post

This is the reason why I would keep a flagged system offline. I don't like to use my flashed xbox online anyways. It would just be a pain to switch my profile between systems if I have to run the profile though my computer to uncripple it each time.

#11 janna

janna

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE(graelb @ Nov 8 2 010, 09:09 PM) View Post

Hi. I managed to clean my secdata(flag) by doing a nand dump. Then finding the latest secdata and filling with zero's. This has now fixed my Xbox to how it was before I tried to play acb. Note my Xbox had already been banned I just use it for offline gaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users