Photo

Xbox Slim + Kinect Dashboard = Play Dvd Why?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Choskitar

Choskitar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(slopokey @ Nov 9 2010, 11:17 AM) View Post

I don't post a lot I. Readbalot first then ask questions.in this case I thought I would add what I did.got a used slim with a june date.I updated the dash to the kinect one first.Then dumped the key from the drive and flashed it to a samsung.all my back ups booted fine except the kinect ones.I then used the activate .iso and they booted also I was think of changing the wave to a wave 3 and see what happens.I don't get on xbox live but have tried al the lastestbgames and they boot fine

Anyone knows why Spoof works fine in some Sbox Slim, and don't works in other slims? Random?

#17 Buzzcut

Buzzcut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

c4e said there are 2 firmwares for the Slim... not 100% sure if it's the reason though but might be.

#18 Choskitar

Choskitar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE(Buzzcut @ Nov 12 2010, 10:00 AM) View Post

c4e said there are 2 firmwares for the Slim... not 100% sure if it's the reason though but might be.

2 XBOX SLIM Firms? Are you telling me DVD Drive Firmwares? Or Dash?

I know that there are 2 Liteon 16D4S Fw (0225 and 95xx??) and only we can extract DVDKey of 95xx,

The XBOX Slim that I have here is 95XX FW. There are no way (today) to extract DVDKey of 0225Fw, Is OK?

We have spoofed other Slim and we have the same problem (Play DVD) after Kinect update :-(

#19 loggio

loggio

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE(Choskitar @ Nov 12 2010, 07:17 PM) View Post

2 XBOX SLIM Firms? Are you telling me DVD Drive Firmwares? Or Dash?

I know that there are 2 Liteon 16D4S Fw (0225 and 95xx??) and only we can extract DVDKey of 95xx,

The XBOX Slim that I have here is 95XX FW. There are no way (today) to extract DVDKey of 0225Fw, Is OK?
We have spoofed other Slim and we have the same problem (Play DVD) after Kinect update :-(

The kinnect dash will detect a spoofed drive... in the slim

you can have the same key all you want, but if it knows the drive isn't the liteon model supplied it will not work.

You're shit out of luck. Until LT+ of course.

and yes, there is no public way to extract key from 0225. But at this stage, there's also no point... because with kinnect dash, you can't spoof on slim anyways, so the key is useless in that sense.

#20 Choskitar

Choskitar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(loggio @ Nov 13 2010, 03:44 AM) View Post

you can have the same key all you want, but if it knows the drive isn't the liteon model supplied it will not work.

and yes, there is no public way to extract key from 0225. But at this stage, there's also no point... because with kinnect dash, you can't spoof on slim anyways, so the key is useless in that sense.

Hello!

Thanks a lot! This information was confirmed by C4Eva? Why some Xbox Slim yes are working with Kinect Dash + Spoofed drive? Anyone knows?

#21 letsmod

letsmod

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

I can 100% confirm Liteon 0225 is fully detectable under kinect dash using a NON slim DVD drive, only plays DVD movies, no backups and no originals will boot, it is definately ignoring the key

#22 Choskitar

Choskitar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE(letsmod @ Nov 13 2010, 08:01 PM) View Post

I can 100% confirm Liteon 0225 is fully detectable under kinect dash using a NON slim DVD drive, only plays DVD movies, no backups and no originals will boot, it is definately ignoring the key

Thanks for your information! Curiosity, how do you extract 0225 DVDKey?

#23 slopokey

slopokey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:54 AM

I just looked at some video I took with my phone to send to my brother to show him a modded slim with the lite-on 95 drive.I just realized I spoofed a samsung before the kinnect update.it plays all the latest back ups even the connect.so I. Don't know what I did but it stll works but have not been on live since the update.I can try to post the video but its grainy as hell forgot to change resolution

#24 Choskitar

Choskitar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hello!

Yesterday I tried to spoof Slim Drive to LiteOn 7 Series and new LT+ firmware.... nothing, the Slim don't play games.

#25 infernomoddingcase

infernomoddingcase

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE(loggio @ Nov 13 2010, 03:44 AM) View Post

No this you tell is wrong.

Slim and kinect dashboard don't detect and stop to play NOTHING in ALL SLIM and drive work ok.
you can see Here slim work whit liteon and lt+1.1 and here too

The problem presented by "Choskitar" is this

And not hav nothing to do whit the dashboard or whit "wrong key" as you can see in the video becouse other xbox360 slim still work whit samsung + dash @ 2.124.13 usbupdate @ 2.124.16usbupdate + AC3 disc update and whit LITEON + dash @ 2.126.11.0 too.

c4evah don't tell slim real time check make samsung can't work whit slim him never tell this
c4evah only tell real time check can check if drive is spoofed so the console is flagged etc.

But samsung drive can be spoofed and work in xbox360 slim you can see in my video too,it work whit kinect games and whit ac3 too,just update the dashboard first to 2.124.13 then in 2.124.16 then whit ac3.

Edited by infernomoddingcase, 16 December 2010 - 12:53 AM.

#26 Choskitar

Choskitar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:37 AM

Infernomoddingcase,

If Slim don't detect Spoof, What is the problem? Why I can't play games with any drive (before Kinect update my drive worked OK)

I had updated Slim by XBOX LIVE with latest Dash.

3 XBOX Slim that I flashed, and all of them show play DVD error after Kinect update (Before they worked OK) and this problem happend with Samsung and Hitachi Drives too

Edited by Choskitar, 20 December 2010 - 07:42 AM.

#27 Takashi

Takashi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE(Choskitar @ Dec 20 2010, 01:37 AM) View Post

Why I can't play games with any drive (before Kinect update my drive worked OK)

You seriously need to read a helluva lot more than the post above you to understand.
Your issue has been covered for weeks in various threads.
You CANNOT spoof a non ap25 drive into a slim with new dash, ap25 games will no longer work,
and better check your xval status.

Edited by Takashi, 20 December 2010 - 07:57 AM.

#28 Choskitar

Choskitar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE(Takashi @ Dec 20 2010, 07:55 AM) View Post

You seriously need to read a helluva lot more than the post above you to understand.
Your issue has been covered for weeks in various threads.
You CANNOT spoof a non ap25 drive into a slim with new dash, ap25 games will no longer work,
and better check your xval status.

Sorry but I can't play any game (no originals, and no backups) The problem is with all games, not only AP25 games.

I have tested with Liteon Drive (it have Ap25) and the problem stills

#29 Takashi

Takashi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:44 AM

Then wait for relevant firmware for the native drive coming soon.
Solved.

#30 DeXteR_CwB

DeXteR_CwB

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

This problem not happens in all slim.

If u get the PLAY DVD, no matter what you try, only original drive will work again. I tried everything here, LT+, LT 1.1, Drive Benq, Drive LIte-on and nothing work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users