• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:___
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:37 AM

Hi all

I have two Xbox's in front of me, one with a X-Pert LPC Lite Chip installed, see here: Link to X-Pert LPC Lite Info

I plan to remove the chip from Xbox number one and install it into Xbox number two, Xbox number two however is a Version 1.6.

Is the 1.6 wire installation the same as for the Xecuter X2.6?

I am removing it from Xbox number one due to the motherboard being faulty, it will not recognise any DVD ROM's.

I need a tutorial for installling this chip into an Xbox Version 1.6.

Thanks in advance.

Trebz

Edited by Trebz, 11 November 2010 - 07:37 AM.

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:37 AM

Yeah the install should be the same as the x2.6 or doux2 just try and flash a 1.6 bios to it before you remove it from the first xbox.

Why not just swap the DVD drives instead of the chips?

#3 Trebz

Trebz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Nov 12 2010, 05:37 AM)  

Yeah the install should be the same as the x2.6 or doux2 just try and flash a 1.6 bios to it before you remove it from the first xbox.

Why not just swap the DVD drives instead of the chips?

I have tried this motherboard with seven different DVD ROM's, none of which are recognised, they all work in other Xbox's so i'm quite certain that the motherboard is at fault, i posted about it some time ago but didn't get any replies.

As i see it the motherboard is a write off as i can't see any damage to it etc. I was going to remove the chip after flashing it with a 1.6 BIOS and install it into another, working Xbox i have lying around.

So i'll just complete the LPC rebuild shown here: Xbox 1.6 LPC Rebuild then install the pin header and chip.

That should do it i think. Am i right?

Thanks for the advice fella.

Trebz

Edited by Trebz, 12 November 2010 - 08:05 AM.

#4 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:05 AM

Oh ok. Try a evox M8 1.6 bios cause the one I used in mine worked in other motherboard versions to. Also u might wanna try and tsop the xbox with the chip in it right now and just have it as usable also.

Try a different bios on that chip for that xbox. It might be that the bios is corrupt of something and just reflashing it might solve the dvd drive issue.

#5 Trebz

Trebz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Nov 12 2010, 07:05 AM)  

Oh ok. Try a evox M8 1.6 bios cause the one I used in mine worked in other motherboard versions to. Also u might wanna try and tsop the xbox with the chip in it right now and just have it as usable also.

Try a different bios on that chip for that xbox. It might be that the bios is corrupt of something and just reflashing it might solve the dvd drive issue.

It came with some random Bios flashed to the chip, i can't remember which, i re flashed with Ind Bios following Heimdall's advice.

I'll try it with the M8 Bios before ripping out the chip and installing into the new Xbox.

Also, good advice about completing the TSOP.

Thanks !

#6 Trebz

Trebz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:45 AM

Ok, an update.

It would appear that i need to install a softmod before i can flash the TSOP on my 1.2 / 1.3 motherboard with the non working DVD ROM issue.

Ndue 3.1 is that way forward from what i have read. I do not have direct access to Xbins due to my losing the .exe.

I have emailed a contact of mine to see if i can get a copy somehow. In the mean time does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Trebz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users