5 replies to this topic

#1 jojones88

jojones88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:10 AM

I recently bought a used Xbox 360 with a LiteOn 74850C. I am brand new to the 360 mod scene, and boy is it complicated these days!

I purchased a Xecuter Blaster 360. I think I might had misread or was told the wrong thing though... I thought that all you need was to buy this and it will allow you to flash your LiteOn drive over USB.

However, I have everything hooked up the Blaster 360 and Jungle Flasher does not pick up on the drive. I have the latest Blaster 360 drivers installed on my PC, and it recognizes it when I plug it in. It is on the correct COM. JF still doesn't pick it up though...

What am I doing wrong?

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:59 AM

First thing you need to do is throw that Baster thing away it will do you no good at all.

Second thing you need to do is read a STICKY.

Notice that part that references your drive version.

#3 jojones88

jojones88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:52 PM

OK. I'm learning.

So I can't just plug this up via USB? I have to have SATA too? Am I right?

The whole reason why I bought the Blaster360 is so that I wouldn't of have to use SATA.

There are quite a few statements on Xecuters site like this:
"You can use the Serial RS232 or the USB ports if you have the Liteon 74850C DVD drive. Otherwise you only need to use the Sata port." -Xecuter

#4 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,808 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

You need to build or buy a serial probe to get the drive key. This can be done through a serial cable interface or a usb one. BUT you still need to connect the drive to a SATA port to get the full dump of the files needed to create a proper custom firmware.

That Blaster thing was made to connect a console that has a drive with an older 0800 capable mode so you can dump game data to your PC to create an ISO backup of the game disk.

#5 jojones88

jojones88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

I got the Blaster CK3 Kit and it came with a probe for the LiteOn drive that I've got.

Well, this is all bad news to me. Like I said I am brand spankin' new to the 360 mod scene. I'm starting to understand now though.

Is there anyway around using SATA? All I have is a Macbook and I have just moved into a new town (no friends at all and in the middle of the country), so I don't have access to a PC with a SATA port...

Thanks for helping out guys. The scene is so mature and complex now that it makes it hard to find the answers to the simplest questions it seems. Believe me, I use Google, Forum Search, and check out all the tutorials, but I just can't find any straight for clean answers for the questions that I have, but if I do then the article is over 2-3 years old and almost irrelevant now...

I really do appreciate this help.

#6 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,808 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE(jojones88 @ Nov 13 2010, 05:46 PM) View Post

Is there anyway around using SATA? All I have is a Macbook and I have just moved into a new town (no friends at all and in the middle of the country), so I don't have access to a PC with a SATA port...

You can always bug a friend to let him use his PC. Or buy/build a PC. Or pay someone to flash it for you. There are always options if your resourceful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users