• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ixifx

ixifx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:06 AM

I haven't had any luck searching for this, I guess because the title of the game is so vague. just wondering if this has been ported to the original xbox and if so, does anyone know where I could get it.

believe me, I've spent hours at a time, several times over, looking. just figured if I finally came out and asked, a real person could probably give me an answer since google doesn't seem to understand what I'm searching for.

thanks in advance,

john

#2 l11l1VeNoM1l11l

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE(ixifx @ Nov 13 2010, 12:06 AM) View Post

I haven't had any luck searching for this, I guess because the title of the game is so vague. just wondering if this has been ported to the original xbox and if so, does anyone know where I could get it.

believe me, I've spent hours at a time, several times over, looking. just figured if I finally came out and asked, a real person could probably give me an answer since google doesn't seem to understand what I'm searching for.

thanks in advance,

john

If you're talking about this game, then no it hasn't been ported. I don't know if the source code is available for an actual port, but from the looks of it, it wouldn't be an extremely difficult game to clone. But that's just from what I see, I haven't actually played it. Damn Sony and their extremely addictive new-age games.

#3 ixifx

ixifx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

thanks for the speedy reply. that's the game I was talking about

the official site
http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/
apparently the official forums
http://forum.ninjaro...i.com/index.php

they were supposedly going to release the source, but I've yet to find it... not that I could do much with it, the extent of my programming knowledge is limited to html, css, php and mysql

edit:

btw, this is one of the most addictive games I've ever played

Edited by ixifx, 13 November 2010 - 08:29 AM.

#4 l11l1VeNoM1l11l

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:43 AM

No problemo. It looks like a cool game. I wish I got to play it...I just sold my PSP on ebay for a measly $135. If they did in fact release the source code and you find it, please post links to it here. We're still waiting on a few ports to be released, but they're rather intense ports. That game doesn't look like it would be extremely difficult to pull over in comparison to the ones we've seen so far. I'm not a programmer by any means and programmers for the original Xbox these days are few and far between, but you (we) might get lucky. There can never be enough homebrew games/ports for the Xbox.

#5 ixifx

ixifx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:00 AM

the flash version of the game can be found here, among other places
http://entertainmentfans.com/ngame/

there is a mod called NReality which I just discovered tonight while looking around the forums
http://us1.infunity....NReality6d4.zip

anyone know if it would be possible to use the swf files and just write an xbe to replace the exe launcher to map the buttons / select levels... I'm under the assumption that the xbox is capable of flash. I could be completely wrong, but that would be one avenue worth looking into if my assumptions are right.

#6 l11l1VeNoM1l11l

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(ixifx @ Nov 13 2010, 03:00 AM) View Post

the flash version of the game can be found here, among other places
http://entertainmentfans.com/ngame/

there is a mod called NReality which I just discovered tonight while looking around the forums
http://us1.infunity....NReality6d4.zip

anyone know if it would be possible to use the swf files and just write an xbe to replace the exe launcher to map the buttons / select levels... I'm under the assumption that the xbox is capable of flash. I could be completely wrong, but that would be one avenue worth looking into if my assumptions are right.

Eeehhh...I don't think Flash is the way to go. While this particular game doesn't seem like it would eat up a ton of memory, I can see that there are some pretty intense physics involved. Alien Hominid was a Flash game at first, but as far as I can remember the Xbox version wasn't Flash-related at all - it was rewritten from the ground up for the console. I could be wrong about that, I don't have the game anymore. Madness Interactive was also a Flash game, therefore it was cloned on (not ported to) the Xbox.

While the Xbox is capable of Flash to a decent extent, I don't think anyone has ever made Flash for it. I don't even know if it's possible. But like I said, cloning the game would be the way to go and it doesn't seem like it would be extremely difficult. I read the licence.txt that comes with the PC and Linux versions of the game and found this:

"LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF REMEDIES:

"N" is provided "AS-IS", and no warranty of any kind
are made as to it or any medium it may be on.

Except as explicitly permitted herein, you will not modify
"N". Except to the extent, if any, applicable law may
require otherwise, you will not decompile, disassemble, or
reverse engineer "N", or use or disclose any
confidential information that it contains."

So, no, it's definitely not open. But the fact that the Nintendo DS can handle it, let alone the PSP, is intriguing. If you can view the contents of the DS or PSP versions, we could get a better idea of how to screw around with it. It's coming to Xbox Live Arcade for 360 too, so I'm getting the idea that the game is VERY flexible. The license that it comes with is not, however.

#7 lordkramdar

lordkramdar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:27 AM

it would be pretty awesome to play N on my Xbox.
I doubt it'll ever happen though.

VVVVVV would be even better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users