veekay

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:42 AM

Does the program have a limit on how many folders/files it can display? For whatever reason it doesn't show all of my folders under my gamertag and even trying to navigate to them manually tells me "Path Not Found"

#47 CLK Rebellion

CLK Rebellion

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE(veekay @ Nov 20 2010, 08:42 PM) View Post

Does the program have a limit on how many folders/files it can display? For whatever reason it doesn't show all of my folders under my gamertag and even trying to navigate to them manually tells me "Path Not Found"

It shouldn't... But I have a feeling that it's with the flags I set for it to recognize as folders. If you could, could you open your drive in a hex editor (in HxD it's Extras>Open Disk, and the disk will be under physical drives with the number under the "ID" in my device opener), then go to offset 0x130EB0000. After that, search for the name of the folder, and any folders you can't see, could you tell me the byte directly before the name of the folder?

#48 OzQuant

OzQuant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:29 PM

My 16GB USB flash drive doesn't show up a device in the DeviceSelector. My friend's 8GB USB flash drive doesn't show up either. We are both using 1.0.0.4. Have we both missed a step? Do we need to install something other than the .exe?

Thank you.

#49 CLK Rebellion

CLK Rebellion

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(OzQuant @ Nov 24 2010, 06:29 AM) View Post

My 16GB USB flash drive doesn't show up a device in the DeviceSelector. My friend's 8GB USB flash drive doesn't show up either. We are both using 1.0.0.4. Have we both missed a step? Do we need to install something other than the .exe?

Thank you.

Nope... my guess is that it could either be used by another program or just something else that's weird. I'll be sure to look in to this -- thanks! Just to make sure... you guys ran it as admin, correct?

Edit (don't feel like double-posting):
Here's 1.0.0.5. Still no writing support for the standalone exe, but you can download the source and compile that with the "IsBeta" bool in the main form set to false (be careful, that form is very messy!)

Changelog:
-Fixed a bug with a reading function that liked to read more bytes than it should
-Made it so that it should request administrator permissions at startup (should fix some people's issues...)
-Added the reading of general STFS info, as you can see from this screenshot: http://imgur.com/neMr6.png
-Added a "properties" window for files
-Other small bug fixes that I can't remember

Source
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FEW8OQ6C
(Mirror)
http://www.mediafire...nem1z2205tpxg99

EXE (should prompt to update automatically upon startup)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=187BV84C
(Mirror)
http://www.mediafire...a1cd47q6m2egkpf

Happy gobbler day, everyone.

Edited by CLK Rebellion, 25 November 2010 - 10:51 PM.

#50 OzQuant

OzQuant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for responding! I tried 1.0.0.5 and again, my USB flash drive doesn't show up in the DeviceSelector.

I can mount the flash drive fine in USB XTAF Xplorer 32 beta3 and the flash drive works fine in my Xbox.

The flash drive is SanDisk Cruzer, appears as H:, device descriptor is USB Mass Storage Device at Port_#0001.Hub_#0008 if that helps at all.

My friend and I found that USB XTAF Xplorer seems to have a bug where you can't transfer a large file (like a 2GB), so we wanted to try out your app.

Cheers.

#51 EatonZ

EatonZ

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:40 PM

I love this error, have run into it so many times in my experiences, haha.
IPB Image

Happens when I click the Data folder.

#52 razkar

razkar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

Works great on windows XP, thanks for your app

#53 CLK Rebellion

CLK Rebellion

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(EatonZ @ Nov 26 2010, 11:40 AM) View Post

I love this error, have run into it so many times in my experiences, haha.

Happens when I click the Data folder.

CODE
Buffer = io.ReadBytes(0x2050);

That's lovely... I have no idea why I chose a number like like that...
I also messed up on a rounding function, and instead of putting 0x200 I put 200. Fuuuu... I'll try to push out 1.0.0.6 later today with writing support. Scratch that, pushing out 1.0.0.6 right now as I remembered I have other things to do, and don't think I'll have enough time to re-write some of the forms to include writing support. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Oh yeah, and @OzQuant 1.0.0.6 has a minor edit to how it detects USB Drives. I forgot the function that returns a list of logical drives, so I did a char array and had it loop through each, detecting if the drive "IsReady", and if it wasn't then it would throw it away. Hopefully this works better...

Edited by CLK Rebellion, 26 November 2010 - 10:11 PM.

#54 hyperfire21

hyperfire21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(EatonZ @ Nov 20 2010, 09:13 PM) View Post

Confirmed. The Device ID value in the data files is what locks it to the USB itself. Modifying it to match the ID of the new USB will make it work. Unfortunately, it seems to be calculated differently than hard-drives. Once I figure it out, formatting will be a possibility.

This is definately great news. What app will modify device ID of the flash drive properly?

#55 hyperfire21

hyperfire21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

I went through device manager on 2 ocz rally2 drives to see the differences. These are the things the values differed in:

container id
parent
device instant path
base container id
driver key

#56 EatonZ

EatonZ

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(hyperfire21 @ Nov 27 2010, 10:18 AM) View Post

This is definately great news. What app will modify device ID of the flash drive properly?

You can't modify it, it is in the firmware which is not writable by normal means.
Only option is to find it, but I am still unable to find out how it is generated for USBs.

However, through an IO function on the console, there is a way to get the ID. Expect a PM from me soon, we'll try getting one of them to work.

#57 OVIE

OVIE

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

I'm loving how your releasing the source files for this program. Looking so good so far, I was thinking about making one of these a while ago. But now there is this theirs nothing really to do different than what you are doing.

Thanks again CLK Rebellion!

#58 CLK Rebellion

CLK Rebellion

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE(OVIE @ Nov 29 2010, 01:50 PM) View Post

I'm loving how your releasing the source files for this program. Looking so good so far, I was thinking about making one of these a while ago. But now there is this theirs nothing really to do different than what you are doing.

Thanks again CLK Rebellion!

Thanks for your support! I think that writing should be done tomorrow... I just did an entire re-code of my Extraction form to make it work for both injecting and writing (no need to have two forms when you could just utilize one), made it cleaner, and I'll just have to test it on my hard drive/memory unit to see how that works.

#59 kruton6

kruton6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

WOW saved my butt big time! Someone thought it would be funny to delete my profile off my usb stick! This program opened my partitioned usb stick and was able to undelete my gamertag!

I wasn't able to inject the gt back into the usb stick but xtaf gui took care of that but it doesn't have undelete!

Enjoy the donation! I've been working on this undelete for about 6 hours and your program did it in a few minutes.

#60 CLK Rebellion

CLK Rebellion

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE(kruton6 @ Nov 30 2010, 07:33 AM) View Post

WOW saved my butt big time! Someone thought it would be funny to delete my profile off my usb stick! This program opened my partitioned usb stick and was able to undelete my gamertag!

I wasn't able to inject the gt back into the usb stick but xtaf gui took care of that but it doesn't have undelete!

Enjoy the donation! I've been working on this undelete for about 6 hours and your program did it in a few minutes.

Sweet, thanks! I really appreciate it! You aren't able to inject your gamertag back in because I'm still working on some of my writing functions, but those should be done fairly soon.

Edit:

1.0.0.7 -- includes writing. I just tested injecting a folder in to my thumb drive, and it showed up perfectly on my Xbox. All game saves were there, nothing appeared to be corrupt...

Other changes in this build:
•I removed basically everything except the "Extract" function from the treeview's context menu. Reason for that is I noticed that when you right-click on an object, it doesn't actually select it. So say you right-click on your profile but beforehand you clicked on the "Content" folder -- it's going to extract the content folder vs. the folder you right-clicked, and there's no way (that I know of?) for me to fix that. I figured it'd be safer to remove the writing functions from that so you don't accidentally overwrite something you shouldn't...
•Fixed the listview not being cleared after opening the drive selector
•"Get Help Online" in the "Help" menu item actually has something there now
•Entire re-code of the extracting form

I really have to stress this though: if you think the app isn't do anything, but it's responding to input (that is, when you click on it, it doesn't say "(Not responding)") -- it's probably doing something. When writing to your drive and you need to overwrite something first, it will go through and delete everything within that folder (if you're deleting a folder), therefore causing a little bit of a delay. And please, if you feel a little bit worried about writing to your device -- make a backup.

Source:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9KLV6IWB

EXE (will auto-update):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YLUUS9X1

Edited by CLK Rebellion, 01 December 2010 - 08:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users