1 reply to this topic

#1 JoeyHines

JoeyHines

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:14 PM

Hi.

Im an XBOX 360 user, I have fixed several 360s for other people, purchased broken and repaired more than 20, I have even made a couple of 12v mods for fans and also a 5v standby fan mod for after-cooling. I also do computer and laptop repairs.

But I never have had anything to do with a ps3 Ive played it at other peoples houses but thats about it. Ive never fixed one.

Some dude just gave me one a 60gb, he told me it went bad after a power outage and I thought the power supply was bad. Then he told me it did start up but it went to a red light like 3 seconds after turning it on and getting agreen light first. I figured overheating, read it up on the web and I found a description like that, so I thought Iīll just put some fresh thermal paste on it.

He brought it but he brought no controllers. I cant find a power button anywhere except for the one on the back that looks like a psu button. I plug it in and turn the switch on the back on and all I get is a straight red light. I dont know if itīs just a standby light or if its the error code. I get no fans no nothing. Thats not overheating so I thought I test a psu and I would reflow the chips if a PSU didnt work.

But I dont want to do all of that and then find out it wasnt even turned on.

So the dumbest question is how you turn a 60bg PS3 on? Is it on the back or with the controller or some power button I cant find?

Sorry for the dumb question I dont know if theres a similar thread already but I didnt even look simply cause the question is so dumb and I didnt thought anybody would have asked this before.

Thanks.

#2 blondie85

blondie85

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:20 AM

The red light is the standby light, you need to press the touch-sensitive button which is in front of the drive slot on the right hand corner. Can you get hold of a controller? It'll be hard to test it if you can't check out how it performs when it's actually doing something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users