Photo

Xbox Live + Lan System Link Issues (thx In Advance!)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 needinghelpthankyou

needinghelpthankyou

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:39 AM

I'm seeking help and am hoping someone could help me find a solution for this "halo edition" xbox 360 I'm fixing for a friend..

History of unit:
This was a unit that had a history of overheating. Never had 3RROD but just one. Even before it began
spontaneously overheating the unit stopped connecting to xbox live and a simple system link via ethernet also stopped working.

The owner bought a new console and put this one on the shelf for about a month before I took it apart, cleaned the buh-jesus out of it and rewired the fans to run 12v vs 5v. The unit started right up and has been working perfectly for a couple weeks now and running cool for long gaming sessions.

Main Question:
Decided to try to connect to xbox live last night (assuming NIC is dead) via hp laptop running vista 32-bit and managed to bridge connections and succeeded in connecting to the network, then the PC, then the internet...but got mtu errors on the last step to connect to Live. MTU errors aside, does this mean there's still 'life' in the NIC card? I then tried a simple system link to another xbox via ethernet cable with no success at all. Tried multiple cables with no success (even ones that worked before for him).

Does the fact that I got the console to connect all the way to the internet, but not Live, signify that the NIC is OK? Yet a simple system link wont work at all. I'd love some help on the issue.

Thanks all!

Edit: I also get an instant failure when hooking up via ethernet cable to router or modem directly. It doesn't even get passed the first stage (network) when attempting to connect to xbox live. Whereas I could connect to the third stage (internet) when hooked up to laptop with wifi using the same modem and wireless netgear router. Perhaps the NIC is shot..?

Edited by needinghelpthankyou, 16 November 2010 - 01:19 AM.

#2 needinghelpthankyou

needinghelpthankyou

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:47 AM

Will replacing the ICS chip resolve problems with non-working ethernet port capabilities?

If so, has anyone done this and what kind of hot air re-work station do you recommend?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users