#1 antony

antony

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:57 AM

hi all,

iv not used my 360 for quite some time now and my firmware is old not sure which on it is but i cannot play any of the wave games think thats right the ons that had the new video footage in that made you just get play dvd on the dash and i think i have the firmware on that was just before that fix firmware came out.

i turned it on the other day and fully updated the dash which was weird i thought because i was not banned from live even though the 360 was modded.

anyway i want to be able to play wave games and latest backups of my originaly owned games and i dont have the key for my 360.

its been a very long time since i flashed a 360 and was hoping now that you can reflash your drive to latest update without the key?

if not what can i do which is easy?

#2 excaliburlives

excaliburlives

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:03 AM

Yes, you can re-flash your drive with the new firmware "LT+" when it comes out. No need for the key since it's already in your current drive. The firmwarew might be out before christmas. We'll just have to wait and see.

#3 antony

antony

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE(excaliburlives @ Nov 16 2010, 05:03 AM) View Post

Yes, you can re-flash your drive with the new firmware "LT+" when it comes out. No need for the key since it's already in your current drive. The firmwarew might be out before christmas. We'll just have to wait and see.

great thats something to look forward too then!!
thanks for the info

#4 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE(excaliburlives @ Nov 15 2010, 10:03 PM) View Post

Umm, he still needs his key.
Here is what you do. Get yourself jungleflasher and use the dummy from iXtreme option to get your key. Then you can at least update to iXtreme LT v1.1 and you will be able to play almost every game.

FYI, once you upgrade to LT the dummy from iXtreme will not work again so make sure you make a backup of your key!!

#5 antony

antony

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Nov 16 2010, 05:33 AM) View Post

Umm, he still needs his key.
Here is what you do. Get yourself jungleflasher and use the dummy from iXtreme option to get your key. Then you can at least update to iXtreme LT v1.1 and you will be able to play almost every game.

FYI, once you upgrade to LT the dummy from iXtreme will not work again so make sure you make a backup of your key!!

thank ill to it today sometime then.

any chance you can post me the right links to doing this ? latest jungleflasher, firmware i need and any easy to follow guides on doing this?

i have the 360 xtractor pro and spear.

thanks

#6 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(antony @ Nov 16 2010, 04:16 AM) View Post

thank ill to it today sometime then.

any chance you can post me the right links to doing this ? latest jungleflasher, firmware i need and any easy to follow guides on doing this?

i have the 360 xtractor pro and spear.

thanks

Maybe you should look at the STICKY above the place where you posted this?

#7 antony

antony

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Nov 16 2010, 05:11 PM) View Post

Maybe you should look at the STICKY above the place where you posted this?

thanks iv looked at that but still having no luck.

iv got ixtreme LT v1.1 firmware
iv got the latest jungleflasher
iv got old firmware on my drive before the wave thing came out.
iv got a liteon 74850c
iv got the 360 xtractor pro the first one that came out
iv got the spear with one probe first one that came out
iv got windows 7
iv not got the original key for the drive
all hardware connecting to the pc is new inc. the 360 xtractor so also my need any software or drivers.

if some one could be so kind to post me a step by step guide on how they do the firmware update with what iv got i would be very grateful and will save me loads of time and make my son very happy lol.

its been a very long time since i flashed a 360 and iv totally forgot everything.

the only thing iv managed to do upto yet right is disable the via vt6428 drivers.

but after that im lost.

so basicly i just want to update to the ixtreme lt v1.1 firmware from the old one i have and iv not got the key for it saved anywhere.

thank you

Edited by antony, 16 November 2010 - 06:34 PM.

#8 Buzzcut

Buzzcut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

Come on my friend...read the relevant parts in the JungleFlasher tutorial, it's all there.

In one sentence, hook your drive up, power on with tray half open, open JF, hit "Dummy from iXtreme", load the new LT 1.1, make sure key is copied across, click Erase, power cycle, click Write. Done.

As I say, it's all in the tutorial.

#9 astr4twin

astr4twin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

JungleFlasher has a step by step guide in it.

Nobody could add anymore input that would be helpfull to you than what is in that guide.

I followed it when i first flashed and it's simples smile.gif

#10 antony

antony

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(astr4twin @ Nov 16 2010, 08:29 PM) View Post

JungleFlasher has a step by step guide in it.

Nobody could add anymore input that would be helpfull to you than what is in that guide.

I followed it when i first flashed and it's simples smile.gif

the problem im getting is the drive not detecting in jungleflasher but im using the 360 xtractor pro which in my device manager is showing but with a yellow marker next to it when i turn the drive on.

is it easier to power the drive and do the half eject trick connected to the 360?

#11 Buzzcut

Buzzcut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:09 AM

I do all flashing with an old RROD xbox....never had an issue yet, you don't need to use an Xtractor/Xecuter to power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users