pepito01226

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:52 PM

So ive been seeing this mods online about led trigger mod on the ps3 controller. I deside to look up board skemetics and look for the tippoint to connect my LED connection. Issue I am having is the LED trigger stays light. I am doing a duo post, tutorial and help

board version: MSUPP4/0 v5

this are the connection points i used

TP32 (R1)
TP34(L1)

IPB Image

The voltage on the points are 2.4 and 2.7volt.. since i dont have amulti meter with resistor calculation i wont be able to tell you the Amps

the main issue I was having after the connection was a glow on the LED, I used for this mod SMD blue 1206

IPB Image

As i depress the trigger the SMD doesnt not illuminate to well.

IPB Image

I was thinking of tapping the +5volt (TP1) and using A PNP transistor and add a diode so it wont feedback to the main trigger connection

IPB Image

I just dont know which one is TP1 lol

I wonder if anyone has done this mod with out a PIC chip before and had the same issue

Help is needed to figure out if i need a weaker SMD or add more voltage to the connection

Edited by pepito01226, 18 November 2010 - 08:53 PM.

#2 pepito01226

pepito01226

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:57 PM

oK, I have made a mistake in the tap point 1 (TP1) .... someone on another forum told me the Tap point 1 is not On the usb connection itself but right next to TP4.

Closer look yes he is correct

IPB Image

IPB Image
since i cant seem to be able to edit what i posted I am completely sorry for double posting, I guess if the mods lets me get away with it, this would be consider update #!

Anyways I am going to see if i can tap, Use a PNP transistor, Ive already tried using a single diode and with no advail any imporvements :/

Edited by pepito01226, 18 November 2010 - 11:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users