10 replies to this topic

#1 mooch49

mooch49

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:17 AM

i did update the dash through usb. so that's probably the reason. although i assumed based on reading various posts that the dash has nothing do with games booting or not. but it did play on 9199. so it looks like the full kinect update makes backup of fable 3 unreadable like ac brotherhood. anyone else have this problem with fable 3 after doing full update?

perhaps it's because of the firmware. im using 1.51 ixtreme. i guess what i could do is spoof it to a benq with 1.1 or 1.2

Edited by mooch49, 19 November 2010 - 12:36 AM.

#2 attcshxc

attcshxc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:52 AM

what hitachi do you have because every thing Ive read most people are fine with hitachis

#3 mooch49

mooch49

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE(attcshxc @ Nov 19 2010, 12:52 AM) View Post

what hitachi do you have because every thing Ive read most people are fine with hitachis

79fl, but what i am in the process of doing is switching to a benq drive since i have a couple extras.

it's a no-go with the benq and fable 3 on the new dash as well. the last time i played it was on 9199. but it seems once i updated completely through usb (stupid ass of me), it no longer boots. i get the unreadable disk error like in the other new 2.5 ap check games.

Edited by mooch49, 19 November 2010 - 01:14 AM.

#4 Buzzcut

Buzzcut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

There are conflicting reports of 79s either working fine or giving the error like you see.

Not sure why this would be though, all I can think is that you've got a slightly different update, maybe they've changed it in the past few days..

#5 harhaus

harhaus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

Hi mate

I've got one myself and I would recommend you to try to flash it with Firmware Toolbox 4.8 and use the firmware shown below (marked with blue).

I've used it online for over a year and no problems with xlive or ap2.5, new waves etc. You should try it smile.gif

IPB Image

#6 Buzzcut

Buzzcut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:33 PM

@harhaus - Would be interesting to see if you can still boot your AP2.5 backups if you flashed iX1.51 with Jungleflasher.

Of course it's probably the last thing you're going to want to test though..

Edited by Buzzcut, 19 November 2010 - 12:34 PM.

#7 harhaus

harhaus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE(Buzzcut @ Nov 19 2010, 12:33 PM) View Post

@harhaus - Would be interesting to see if you can still boot your AP2.5 backups if you flashed iX1.51 with Jungleflasher.

Of course it's probably the last thing you're going to want to test though..
Yeah, it would but I it's too much hazzel when mines working tongue.gif one of you guys with disc read error should try my xtreme 1.7 firmware instead. Doesn't seem like many other than me is using that firmware

#8 iGuru

iGuru

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(mooch49 @ Nov 18 2010, 11:56 PM) View Post

79fl, but what i am in the process of doing is switching to a benq drive since i have a couple extras.

Switching to a BenQ is not going to help you due to the OSIG check in the new dashboard - it can work out you have a spoofed drive.

Out of interest, has your console been banned from XBL? Because if so, I am pretty sure I remember seeing that the other 79 users it also did not work for were banned.

Never had any problems with my 79FL (iXtreme 1.51), and AC:B works just fine. My console is not banned from XBL and has clean SecData.
I also flashed back to the stock firmware before updating to the latest dash, then back to iX1.51 after, that's another potential difference.

Maybe it's worth trying what harhaus suggested to see if it works.
I had never heard of the Xtreme 1.7 firmware - was it used before iXtreme firmware or something (as it says old)?

Edited by iGuru, 19 November 2010 - 01:36 PM.

#9 harhaus

harhaus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE(iGuru @ Nov 19 2010, 01:30 PM) View Post

Switching to a BenQ is not going to help you due to the OSIG check in the new dashboard - it can work out you have a spoofed drive.

Out of interest, has your console been banned from XBL? Because if so, I am pretty sure I remember seeing that the other 79 users it also did not work for were banned.

Never had any problems with my 79FL (iXtreme 1.51), and AC:B works just fine. My console is not banned from XBL and has clean SecData.
I also flashed back to the stock firmware before updating to the latest dash, then back to iX1.51 after, that's another potential difference.

Maybe it's worth trying what harhaus suggested to see if it works.
I had never heard of the Xtreme 1.7 firmware - was it used before iXtreme firmware or something (as it says old)?

Yes I think so, but i'm not sure though. Works very well anyways

#10 mooch49

mooch49

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(harhaus @ Nov 19 2010, 12:38 PM) View Post

Yeah, it would but I it's too much hazzel when mines working tongue.gif one of you guys with disc read error should try my xtreme 1.7 firmware instead. Doesn't seem like many other than me is using that firmware

i tried looking for the firmware on xbins, but couldn't find it. can you provide some info as to where? thanks.

#11 harhaus

harhaus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(mooch49 @ Nov 19 2010, 02:07 PM) View Post

i tried looking for the firmware on xbins, but couldn't find it. can you provide some info as to where? thanks.
oh, sorry forgot to say tongue.gif it's included when you download the firmware tool box that i linked to wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users