• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 myktek

myktek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

so i've searched the forums and wasn't able to find a resolution.

so, i have a jtagged zephyr with the kinect dash and I wanted to start from scratch on my hard drive, so I used xplorer360 to delete the old profiles as they weren't appearing in the dashboard and then formatted it using the 360. Installed xexmenu from a cd and was gonna load some DLC, but when i connect it to the pc, partition 3 is empty.

i tried different programs to view the hard drive and same thing.
forgot to mention, i'm running XP

formatted the drive again with the 360, create a profile.
connected it to the pc, still nothing, re-connected to the 360 and installed xexmenu from a disc.

Xexmenu can see the HDD1 drive which looks like partition 3. I tried to install a game and it doesn't either.
Connect it back to the computer and still nothing.

#2 ravendrow

ravendrow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE(myktek @ Nov 19 2010, 08:39 AM) View Post

so i've searched the forums and wasn't able to find a resolution.

so, i have a jtagged zephyr with the kinect dash and I wanted to start from scratch on my hard drive, so I used xplorer360 to delete the old profiles as they weren't appearing in the dashboard and then formatted it using the 360. Installed xexmenu from a cd and was gonna load some DLC, but when i connect it to the pc, partition 3 is empty.

i tried different programs to view the hard drive and same thing.
forgot to mention, i'm running XP

formatted the drive again with the 360, create a profile.
connected it to the pc, still nothing, re-connected to the 360 and installed xexmenu from a disc.

Xexmenu can see the HDD1 drive which looks like partition 3. I tried to install a game and it doesn't either.
Connect it back to the computer and still nothing.

need a little more info is this a stock m$ drive or a store bought hdd you formated to use with ur jtag.... drives larger than 250gb will not detect the content of partition 3 in xplorer360 or xport if you need pc side access to your hdd load into xexmenu and ftp into your xbox and bam instant access to partition3

#3 myktek

myktek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(ravendrow @ Nov 19 2010, 01:10 PM) View Post

need a little more info is this a stock m$ drive or a store bought hdd you formated to use with ur jtag.... drives larger than 250gb will not detect the content of partition 3 in xplorer360 or xport if you need pc side access to your hdd load into xexmenu and ftp into your xbox and bam instant access to partition3

The hard drive came original with the 360.
I purchased the 360 from a friend and it was stock.
I asked a guy to jtag my system and install the kinect dash.

I got it back, created my own profile and then plugged the hard drive to the computer via the transfer cable. Saw that the old owner's profiles were still in partition 3, and manaually deleted them with xplorer360. Then I thought i would format it with my jtagged 360 to start from scratch. I did that and then I created a profile, played a game and did a save to make sure it works.

reconnected it to the computer and I see that partition 1 and 3 are empty.
I installed xexmenu 1.1 via the disc, i had to create a 0000000000000000 folder and then install it in there. I can see the contents from my partition 3 there in xexmenu but not on the computer(it's blank). I can't copy a game to the hard drive either via xexmenu, but i can install it via the dashboard. I don't have networking access to the 360 and I would like to just use the transfer cable.

any suggestions would help, thanks.

Edited by myktek, 19 November 2010 - 09:25 PM.

#4 ravendrow

ravendrow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE(myktek @ Nov 19 2010, 01:23 PM) View Post

The hard drive came original with the 360.
I purchased the 360 from a friend and it was stock.
I asked a guy to jtag my system and install the kinect dash.

I got it back, created my own profile and then plugged the hard drive to the computer via the transfer cable. Saw that the old owner's profiles were still in partition 3, and manaually deleted them with xplorer360. Then I thought i would format it with my jtagged 360 to start from scratch. I did that and then I created a profile, played a game and did a save to make sure it works.

reconnected it to the computer and I see that partition 1 and 3 are empty.
I installed xexmenu 1.1 via the disc, i had to create a 0000000000000000 folder and then install it in there. I can see the contents from my partition 3 there in xexmenu but not on the computer(it's blank). I can't copy a game to the hard drive either via xexmenu, but i can install it via the dashboard. I don't have networking access to the 360 and I would like to just use the transfer cable.

any suggestions would help, thanks.

that is weird just ftp into your xbox and check partition 3 also because you formated using your jtag you might have to use hard drive fixer avil on the usual spot

#5 myktek

myktek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

using the transfer cable, it won't see anything.

I just used an flash drive copy my content to it and then in xexmenu copy it over and that works fine.

#6 ravendrow

ravendrow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:42 AM

dude you do know what ftp is right? plug your xbox into your router start xexmenu find your ip address go to your computer start your ftp client aka filezilla type your ip addy in use xbox as the username and password. you never need to use a transfer cable just Ethernet and your pc if you cant figure this out it is because you haven't googled ftp file transfers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users