• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 robbie2883

robbie2883

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

Ok, so i've jtagged several xbox's and not had any major problems until now working with my own personal jtag box. it's a zephyr that been jtagged and running fine and even updated to the new 21xxx freeboot and been running that over a week no problems. i rewired with boxxxdr's transistors and had it running fine. then this week i decided to i'm tired of all the e79 errors so i took it apart and rewired the db1f1 connection to the one boxxxdr suggested and went to boot up and flash the smc hack to the aud_clamp so i i could move that wire too. well i power up so i can use flash360 and bam...the fans kick on...power led lights up but that's it. the xbox won't boot the rest of the way. eject button works and sync button makes the ring of light swirl as usual. i can eve link a controller and turn the xbox one with a wireless controller....but that's it. no signal if using hdmi, vga...whatever. just the power led and fans and nothing more.

any suggestions? i'm pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. i've been over this for hours and have not found any shorts ect.

just to add....i did nothing but move the one wire...and then i even moved it back to no avail

Edited by robbie2883, 20 November 2010 - 05:06 PM.

#2 jsrx

jsrx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:24 AM

I've had similar problems, If you have a 2nd nand (cygnos etc) try booting into the 2nd one and reset the system time, seems if the 360 is unplugged long enough it will reset to 2001, the lowest you can manually set is 2005.
Once unplugged long enough and the system date has reset to 2001 all you seem to get is the power led and nothing else, can't even boot xell.

Alternatively, try re-flashing to say freeboot 9199 or whatever you were using before the 12611 and try updating again.

Anyone else had success fixing this permanently apart from leaving the 360 plugged in and never power draining it?

Edited by jsrx, 21 November 2010 - 02:37 AM.

#3 robbie2883

robbie2883

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:08 AM

i will be trying to reflash when i get home monday. hopefully that fixes it. if not i dunno what next. i have NO clue what could have caused it. it was only unplugged for about 24 hours...and it's been left unplugged for much longer than that before without issue.

#4 jsrx

jsrx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:26 AM

Previous to 12611 i've never run into this either but something seems to have changed, I can leave mine unplugged for a few hours with no problems but if it's unplugged for for a day or 2 it presents with this problem again.

#5 MadBoxer

MadBoxer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE(jsrx @ Nov 21 2010, 04:26 PM) View Post

Previous to 12611 i've never run into this either but something seems to have changed, I can leave mine unplugged for a few hours with no problems but if it's unplugged for for a day or 2 it presents with this problem again.

Normally boot problems due to leaving your power disconnected is due to the SMC.bin for the aud_clamp wiring. What type of jtag wiring are you using? If you are not using the aud_clamp wiring method, did you use an automated freeboot maker with Aud_clamp SMC patch checked?

#6 jsrx

jsrx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:35 AM

1 box is using a cygnos v2.
2nd box is about to be modded with the aud clamp method (when i can be bothered, it's quite handy as a door stop atm)
Both are xenon's but i doubt that'll make much difference

#7 jsrx

jsrx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

oops typo, should read before hitting post, the cygnos is in a xenon the 2nd is a zeph, no the aud_clamp option was not checked for either in the building process

#8 robbie2883

robbie2883

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:55 PM

*update....reflashed the same nand that's on there and she booted right up. the smc problem can't be the issue since i the version i used was only using the original argon and db1f1

madboxer...i used jtag tool but there was no smc hack incorporated yet. the smc has since been incorporated to jtag tool but again i used the original 21xxx freeboot version of jtag tool.

seems like it's been my week of bad luck for xbox's...i've got another zephyr that's on dashboard kernal 67xxx and i can't get it to dump for anything dangit.

Edited by robbie2883, 22 November 2010 - 09:58 PM.

#9 MadBoxer

MadBoxer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(robbie2883 @ Nov 22 2010, 12:55 PM) View Post

madboxer...i used jtag tool but there was no smc hack incorporated yet. the smc has since been incorporated to jtag tool but again i used the original 21xxx freeboot version of jtag tool.

It sounds like the freeboot image is not made correctly. I'm am a little bit confussed about your setup. Your first post seems like you are using the aud_clamp point, but in this post you said you are only using the argon ROL point. Forgive me if I'm not reading it right but can you verify:

Is your board currently using the Aud_clamp point or the older Argon_data point?
(If you are using the Aud_clamp point, you have to injecting a custom SMC.bin file into the freeboot file or use a jtag tool that has the option.)

QUOTE(robbie2883 @ Nov 22 2010, 12:55 PM) View Post

*update....reflashed the same nand that's on there and she booted right up. the smc problem can't be the issue since i the version i used was only using the original argon and db1f1

Are you saying your box now boots right up and works?f

In case you find it useful, here is a very detailed jtag tutorial:
https://docs.google....mv5h_30dw33vpf4

#10 robbie2883

robbie2883

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:06 PM

Madboxer....sorry if I was a little confusing. This is my own personal jtaged box. I have jtaged many boxes without issue. this one just seemed to plague me with the e79 error. I had it updated to the 21xxx kernel for a week without issue. Had been fine on the 9199 for almost a year. Anyway tired of the e79 error I first put the transistors in. Worked fine. Then I went to do the audclamp. Had forgot to update the smc....so I moved the wire back to rol point. Never powered it on in that time...went to turn on and update and ended up with the problem. Have since just relished the name and that fixed it. Updated smc and working fine.

Now I'm working with different box that I can't get to dump for the life of me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users