5 replies to this topic

#1 jigglywiggly

jigglywiggly

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

So... I just want to download some media codec packs for my jtag, to watch on this lovely new tv. Unfortunately, most of the videos don't play/slow, even with tversity. So is Microsoft devious enough, to just blow the efuses if I go online? I never removed the r6t3 resistor, as I finished up my 360 before I did that. I know they overwrite your nand... but I'm running freeboot, will it matter? I'm guessing no.

I'm not going to try to do this without protection, but can I just write protect my nand, and solder the two points near rt63, and keep creating xbox live silver accounts? I just want to browse the marketplace and stuff.

#2 MadBoxer

MadBoxer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

If you have a jtag then you will be banned from live and wont be able to log on no matter how many accounts you have. Use someone else's box to download the free media update or download with your computer instead.

#3 jigglywiggly

jigglywiggly

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:11 PM

So they keep your cpu key in check I c. Well no way around that, since there needs to be valid certs for each cpu key ;/

#4 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:45 AM

It's not your CPU key that they ban, it's your key vault. You can flash your banned JTAG system with an unbanned key vault to go back online, but you'd be banned again in the same fashion. As MadBoxer said, use a Live-safe console to go online with.

#5 jigglywiggly

jigglywiggly

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

2 year buimp ;p
is this still the case?

#6 iwanttheagrocrag

iwanttheagrocrag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:SMC hacking, TSOP, (Offline) game modification, Case modification, Bacon, America, Monster trucks
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

I believe the tear you are looking for is "necropost" haha. And your answer is yes. You can go online but you'll be banned in about 3 hours maybe less. You also can switch the keyvault still.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users