Photo

Has Anybody Tried The Slim Wireless Card On A Fat 360?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Discwizard70

Discwizard70

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:55 AM

Since the slim 360 has a standard usb interface, I was wondering if anybody has tried to use it on a fat 360. I have looked at the tutorials for slim disassembly, and I saw that the 360s has the wireless card plugged into an internal 'hidden' standard sized usb connector. I know it would plug into a fat 360 for sure, but I wonder if the fat 360 has the drivers, and/or software need for it to be usable. I was really hoping somebody had already tried it, and posted results, but the search came up empty. I would (and probably eventually will) try it myself, but for right now I don't have any reason to open my slim, so i want the warranty intact (for now at least....go c4e go!) I have my fat 360 in a room with no wired connection, so wireless would be great, especially if I don't have to buy the adapter. My slim is in a room that has a wired connection, so no need for the internal wireless there. I would just switch machine, but the slim is from the kinect bundle, and the kinect that comes in the bundle does not include the power adapter for fat 360. The room that currently has the fat 360 is too small for kinect play. So now you see the dilemma for which I ask!
Thanks in advance for anybody that may have tried this, and wants to respond.
(I think it would be good community info to have aswell)

#2 Paperstack.1

Paperstack.1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:19 AM

I would like to know the same too on top of if it would work on a PC.
Of course when using it on PC it may need drivers for it but what would Windows see it as.

I've just got my Kinect bundle 2 weeks ago so no thoughts of opening and trying it out just yet smile.gif

#3 smokeDOGGbaby

smokeDOGGbaby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:02 AM

I was gonna try but I dont have a USB extension. Theoretically it should work though , just like the hard drives work on eachother.

#4 GSCOMPS

GSCOMPS

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:48 AM

We currently have a slim at our shop for a drive repair. the wireless card is not standard USB, the connector is slightly different if I remember correctly. Its kind of like the original XBOX controllers, they were USB but had their own fancy plug.

#5 Paperstack.1

Paperstack.1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

Ahh that sucks. At least they were smart enough to change it up a bit.
Not so much with the HDDs from a standard 360 opened and rigged to use on a Slim. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users