• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xboxhddwut767

xboxhddwut767

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:45 AM

Ok, wondering what directories and files I need to replace to manually upgrade my dash. I have v0.38 installed on my xbox, and have the following files-

Config.xml
Default.xbe
English.xml
French.xml
German.xml
MatallicAtmosphere.rar
Readme.txt
Spanish.xml
Unleashx0.39.05.28A.nfo

Could someone point me to which direcories I have to go to to replace, and what files I have to replace/rename ect. Thanks in advance!!! biggrin.gif

Edited by xboxhddwut767, 23 November 2010 - 05:46 AM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:33 AM

You need default.xbe, but you should take them all. The only exception worth talking about is config.xml - if you have edited your existing config to give you a custom menu then keep your original config.xml.

Where you put them depends on how your Xbox is modded.

Edited by Heimdall, 23 November 2010 - 08:33 AM.

#3 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Just out of interest: why take the 'foreign' .xmls and what is that .rar doing there?

I'll be happy to be corrected on this (there's always something I've not considered it seems smile.gif ) but looking at it I would have thought that only the default.xbe was actually essential. The small files sizes make the question about whether to install the non-essential stuff irrelvant, you might just as well do it as not.

But what is actually essential?

Some readme.txt and .nfo are important but in many cases don't contain anything important as regards using/installling the upgraded dash. The readmes and .nfos I have for UnleashX just detail the revisions made in the version being used. Interesting but not important to most users I would have thought. Read them by all means but I can't believe they're essential.

Keepng your existing Config.xml will save you time having to redo all your old settings/main skin etc. Any default new settings the upgraded dash allows will be written to it anyway when you've installed or selected it surely?

Not sure about the English.xml either as, I believe, the default language is English anyway.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:57 PM

If the OP speaks English and uses his/her Xbox in English then I believe you are correct, and all you need is default.xbe. From memory you don't even need config.xml - UnleashX will create it on first run if it doesn't exist. I'll have a check later to see if the dash and all the error messages etc. still work in English if you remove English.xml, but I think you're right and UnleashX defaults to English. However, in the absence of any location in the OP's signature I was hedging my bets!

The .rar file is a skin. Again, you could remove it if you don't want to use that skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users