1 reply to this topic

#1 knewbold

knewbold

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

I might start this in a long winded manner, but bear with me

A few days ago i recieved a 360 from a friend for flashing, he has had long term laser issues with the drive not reading intermittently

My own personal xbox has been for some time, randomly ejecting disks - which is very annoying, your playing a game and the drive just ejected - i assumed this was a faulty benq dvd drive.......

I flashed his benq drive all ok, and thought i would clean the laser while i was at it..

After cleaning the laser the drive refused to work at all - i was in a bit of a rush so i just put my own drive in it, and his drive in mine.......so i could fix it in a few days

I tested his 360 for a few hours and it worked all ok...

I then plugged my 360 in (with his drive) and it kept ejecting - like it did with the other drive in

The eject button isnt sticking, and i have checked the button on the board, which is ok

I then tested with a 3rd drive, still faulty

It seems like the random eject issue is down to the mobo, or at a push cables,

Does this shed any light and does anyone have any ideas?

#2 GSCOMPS

GSCOMPS

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:54 AM

I remember newer drives having these wires that led to metal plates on the bottom of the drive. If the drive was open then two plates would be pushed together, when the drive shut the plates would be open. Something along those lines. It would make the 360 think the drive was not closed completely and reject it. Just fiddle with them maybe give them a little push in the right direction and it should work again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users