• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zoiks

zoiks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:48 AM

I'm hoping someone can help with this issue...

I have a banned US Xbox 360 that was purchased on launch day with a Hitach 47 drive and iXtreme 1.51 installed. I have never had a problem with the system (other than getting banned from Xbox LIVE).

Today I bought Kinect. Before hooking up Kinect, I downloaded the new dashboard from Xbox.com and installed the new dashboard from a USB thumb drive. Kinect then installed and worked fine, and I played Kinect Adventures using the disc that came with Kinect. I was prompted to run a game update the 1st time I played Kinect Adventures. I installed the game update and Kinect still worked fine with Kinect Adventures.

After downloading and trying to play Kinect Sports and Dance Central from disc, I was again prompted to run a game update. I ran the game update, but after the system rebooted; Kinect no longer works.

I get the following error after the system starts up:
Update Required
A system update is required to use Kinect.
To get the update, sign in to Xbox LIVE.
For more info, visit www.xbox.com/update

My system is banned, so I can't connect to Xbox LIVE. I tried to run the dashboard update again from a USB thumb drive, but it will not run. My system shows that dashboard 2.0.12416.0 is installed.

When I try to play a copied Kinect game from disc, I sometimes get a Dirty Disc error and sometimes get an error saying An Update is Required and to connect to Xbox LIVE. The copied Kinect games never actually launch.

The weirdest thing is that Kinect Adventures still loads from the orginal disc, but Kinect gives an error saying it can't sense anyone.

I can still play copied non-Kinect games such as Rock Band 3.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this issue? Is there a fix for this?

#2 GoldenArrow

GoldenArrow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:31 AM

I've heard the disc updates rarely work.

You could try using USB to update
http://support.xbox....dates.aspx#copy
(Notice this is 12611 and you are running 12416)

Also you could try removing the files involving Kinect Sports and Dance Central from your xbox :j

Edited by GoldenArrow, 24 November 2010 - 11:34 AM.

#3 zoiks

zoiks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:33 PM

Thank you! It always ends up being something easy. When I went to download the latest update from xbox.com, it was downloading an older version, and I didn't realize it. I had to clear my Internet Explorer cookies and cache, and I was then able to download the newest update. Once I loaded the newest update with a USB drive, My Xbox and Kinect are working perfectly. Thanks again. smile.gif

QUOTE(GoldenArrow @ Nov 24 2010, 11:31 AM) View Post

I've heard the disc updates rarely work.

You could try using USB to update
http://support.xbox....dates.aspx#copy
(Notice this is 12611 and you are running 12416)

Also you could try removing the files involving Kinect Sports and Dance Central from your xbox :j

#4 GoldenArrow

GoldenArrow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE(zoiks @ Nov 25 2010, 12:33 AM) View Post

Thank you! It always ends up being something easy. When I went to download the latest update from xbox.com, it was downloading an older version, and I didn't realize it. I had to clear my Internet Explorer cookies and cache, and I was then able to download the newest update. Once I loaded the newest update with a USB drive, My Xbox and Kinect are working perfectly. Thanks again. smile.gif

Youre welcome 8)
Enojy kinetic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users