• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SoD Sasquatch

SoD Sasquatch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:06 AM

So, I'm pretty new to MAME and the whole "arcade game to emulators" but I'm very interested in the collection of them. I have three emulators for xbox that I absolutly love to play them on:

1. Final Burn Legends (play arcade other than Capcom or Neo Geo),
2. FBA-XXX (play Capcom Playsystem I and II and NeoGeo),
&
3. MAME oX (Tests ROMS before moving to FBA or Final Burn and ROMS not recognized by them)

I've been trying to add more games to Final Burn Legends because it's my favorite arcade emulator but it doesn't recognize hardly anything. I'm wanting to know, in more dept, what is supported by MAME oX, Final Burn Legends, and the "other" section of FBA-XXX.

Final Burn Legends said to run:
CPS1, CPS2, Neo Geo, Sega Genesis, Cave, Psykio, Konami, and Sega (Arcade?)
I would like this to be a little more specific, a very good example is the Sega Arcade systems, I want to know if the following can be run:
Sega Model 1, Sega Model 2, Sega Model 3, Sega STV/Titan, Sega Naomi, Sega Hikaru, Sega Chihiro, Polygame Master, Toaplan, GD-ROM, Cave Support (1st and 3rd?), Jaleco, Microprose, type of supported Namco Systems (System 22 and Super 22), Sammy, SNK, Sony 2n-1 and 2n-2, and the Tecmo TPS

I also want to know if MAME oX supports theses as well and what FBA-XXX considers "other" from which it will play.

#2 dballs442

dballs442

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Sustainability, Playing music, Mountain Biking, Snowboard, Games, Micro Beer, Camping, River Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:14 AM

i know its not what your looking for but here is a list of games supported by coinops:

http://pastebin.com/LspgHLed

5162 games.

#3 SoD Sasquatch

SoD Sasquatch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:27 AM

Yes, CoinOPS is probably the BEST Emulator for all the MAME games for Xbox but it's extremly hard to find, because I couldn't find it anywhere I don't have it. Now...If someone were to uplooad it to "usual place"...then...Anyway thanx for the help anyway.

#4 SoD Sasquatch

SoD Sasquatch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:35 AM

Well, I said that and now I comletly take it back. CoinOPS is a crap multiple CONSOLE emulator. It's very good if you are wanting to combine all of your console games into 1 nice programs but it doesn't simulate any more arcade games than MAME or Final Burn.
Arcade machines can be found here: http://www.system16....museum.php?id=2
they're all very nicely laid out where you can click on the system and see the games that were made from them. They have stuff from Atari graphix to rediculous HD graphics (Sega Rally 3). Most of the games were N64 graphics related and should run decent on a 733Mhz processor. The xbox should be able to run up to PS1 graphics so, there are a lot of machines we could emulate for MAME. Almost all have been avaliable to Windows users, I know beause I have MAME on the computer and it run freaking EVERYTHING! Anyway, I hope to see more arcade games emulated because I absolutly love em!

#5 Solo0815

Solo0815

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

Try MAME on your 733MHz-PC and you will see ... rolleyes.gif

#6 mirsad

mirsad

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:06 AM

Well, I said that and now I comletly take it back. CoinOPS is a crap multiple CONSOLE emulator. It's very good if you are wanting to combine all of your console games into 1 nice programs but it doesn't simulate any more arcade games than MAME or Final Burn.

I wouldn't go as far to say coinop's is crap! In fact its a great emulator, you have the option of running console games in coinops, you can run just arcade games only if you want. The emulator is perfect for people with cab's.

Also coinop's emulates alot of games final burn dosen't emulate. And the coinops gui is great, and has come on loads since mameox128 was released many years ago.

Saying something is crap that someone is spending time and effort into making/improving for people to enjoy and play for free on xbox is harsh indeed....

Be grateful that such a thing exists in the first place...

Edited by mirsad, 15 December 2010 - 06:12 AM.

#7 waal

waal

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE(mirsad @ Dec 15 2010, 06:06 AM) View Post

I wouldn't go as far to say coinop's is crap! In fact its a great emulator, you have the option of running console games in coinops, you can run just arcade games only if you want. The emulator is perfect for people with cab's.

Also coinop's emulates alot of games final burn dosen't emulate. And the coinops gui is great, and has come on loads since mameox128 was released many years ago.

Saying something is crap that someone is spending time and effort into making/improving for people to enjoy and play for free on xbox is harsh indeed....

Be grateful that such a thing exists in the first place...

Regarding consoles, Coinops is NOT an emulator. Coinops is a FRONTEND that launches old versions of emus without their GUI and custom features. Period.

Coinops uses Mameox old romset and isn't accurate. Some drivers were added, though but they're from the FBA team.
Drivers you can find in Final Burn Legends, a great emulator with accuracy, speed and a much more recent romset (and you can generate a datfile to build your set).

Conclusion, Coinops might be useful for a cab but it's low quality gaming.

#8 neil222

neil222

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:02 AM

Not to mention that the skin it uses is very bland and boring. Grey backround.....very creative.

#9 bigby

bigby

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

And the videos suck! tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users