23 replies to this topic

#1 giblet

giblet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

As usual there is ambiguous information circulating that is associated with this new firmware release.

Specifically, the spoofing of a drive. The NFO reads;

"You cannot spoof a different model drive as that can now be detected. With this release of LT+ you HAVE to have an original Benq or Liteon."

1) Does the above mean that you cannot actually SPOOF a drive with JungleFlasher and LT+?

2) Does 'detected' mean Live Detected and/or Locally Detected on the actual Xbox and therefore no game will boot?

I've read reports of many people already spoofing BenQ as Liteon with LT+ and they are saying it works fine....

What is actually correct?

I'm not interested in Live and play offline only.

PLEASE ONLY RESPOND IF YOU ACTUALLY HAVE EXPERIENCE OF THE ABOVE.... I'M NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR THEORY JUST FACTS.

Thanks in advance.

#2 TheGlow

TheGlow

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

From what I've read and been told you just cant spoof them. It wont load anything. Only spoofing you can do is different models of a type, Samsung ms25 with 28, or Liteon 7x with a 9x.

I have a samsung with a dead ms25 drive so I have a benq in it now spoofed, but I had to keep it with iextreme and no online or lt/+

#3 giblet

giblet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

Are you sure?

I've seen many threads with people claiming to spoof a BenQ with a Liteon and it works with AP2.5 games providing they are patched etc.

Obviously this is not safe for LIVE but as I don't use LIVE this doesn't make any difference to me.

I just want know if the backups work properly.

I have made a Benq_CFW in JF 1.04 using Benq_iXtreme_LT_Plus as Target so that seems to work fine.

Firmware Osig: [PBDS VAD6038-64930C ]
Spoofed As: [PLDS DG-16D2S 7485]
Firmware is: LT-Plus

Target f/w saved as: Benq_CFW.bin

I just wanted a definitive answer before I flash it to my drive - which I'll do later anyway :0 so I'll guess I'll let you all know seeing as noone seems to agree one way or another....

http://www.ixtreme.n...king-t6288.html

I guess I've answered my own question.

'LT+ Spoofed BenQ from 74850 Lite-On WORKING

Postby UrbanGuru Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:28 am
Now this may be obvious to some and not to others.

I posted a day ago and people said NO NO NO, it can't be done.
YES I stated I don't care about online.. and that the drive is originally a Lite-On 74850 but the 360 is now SPOOFED with BENQ

I'm here as a courtesy to clear it up.. that it works

I have a BENQ Drive in my 360. It was a Lite-On 74850 and it died some time ago. I went with BENQ as I personally found it quieter and reads my verbatim 2.4x discs better (Could have also been because my Lite-on was dying at the time) lol.

Anyway....

I flashed the BENQ with LT+ and it plays NFS Hot Pursuit, Fable III and Assassins Creed Brotherhood Just Fine.

Of course I followed the instructions and patched the PPF to each game ... but hey, it works.
Wish i'd known this before I purchased and Lite-On Drive on ebay yesterday

Should have tried it first.

Hope this helps someone.

AND NO: I don't plan to play online. Since AP25 does detect drive spoofing... I highly doubt this is anywhere near being safe to go online. So spoofers beware

SO to have an LITE-ON Spoofed as a BENQ OR VICE VERSA you can play AP25 games as long as you patch the PPF

HOWEVER, it is not online safe.
I've been searching forums for hours for an answer.. and figured.. shoot.. for the 10 min it will take me I might as well try for myself.

I hope this helps
I am using an original Kinect Dash, Not Beta

UrbanGuru

Will confirm later.

Edited by giblet, 25 November 2010 - 06:56 PM.

#4 Spider22

Spider22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:05 PM

gibletlet us know it is working smile.gif

My cousin have benq drive spoofed as Liteon v1 and I want to upgrade his drive to LT+ (not playig on live)

#5 giblet

giblet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:09 PM

BenQ SPOOFED as Liteon.

LT+

NFS verified and patched with ABGX360 1.04.

WORKS.

END OF CONFUSION!!

#6 edlimym

edlimym

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:41 PM

thanks giblet.

#7 dsavage

dsavage

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:07 AM

yep it works flawlessly, probably not live safe but that don't concern me.

i just wonder why some were saying it wouldn't boot games or whatever, maybe they were just guessing ?

oh well it works.

end thread/debate.

#8 bigboy741

bigboy741

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:46 PM

Heres the post I made from another thread.

Spoofed BenQ to be LiteOn
Updated to latest dashboard before modifying drive to LT+
Running AP2.5 games on live with no issues (Also downloaded a title update for NFS:HP with no problem)
Xval's clean before and after

#9 Buzzcut

Buzzcut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

I don't think c4e ever mentioned spoofing not working on the Fat boxes....the only reason it wouldn't work for Slims is that they have real-time FW checks.

2010-11-13 03:36PM] <c4eva> ********:new dash at some point checks slim drive fw, once it has spoof will cease to work

If the OSIG check is all the dash has to tell what drive is present in the fat boxes then I can't see the difference in what type of drive is giving the answer.

#10 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:39 PM

so is it not live safe anymore to replace old shitty sammy's and hitachi's w/ a new benq?

#11 Goldfinger515

Goldfinger515

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:55 PM

well i spoofed too liteon drives with benqs. both play the new ap2.5 games with the lt+ but at least one has a bad xval now. so it can be done but i have at least one that is flagged

#12 Takashi

Takashi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

Obviously it can be done.
It's the flagging that is the problem.

#13 Goldfinger515

Goldfinger515

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:41 PM

my other spoofed benq as a liteon has a clean xval so far.

so like others have said it can be done but chances are will flag. or just try it yourself and see.

#14 xbox360sexual

xbox360sexual

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(Buzzcut @ Nov 26 2010, 12:43 PM) View Post
I don't think c4e ever mentioned spoofing not working on the Fat boxes....the only reason it wouldn't work for Slims is that they have real-time FW checks.

2010-11-13 03:36PM] <c4eva> ********:new dash at some point checks slim drive fw, once it has spoof will cease to work

If the OSIG check is all the dash has to tell what drive is present in the fat boxes then I can't see the difference in what type of drive is giving the answer.

tbh, I agree with this post 100% and is what I suspect is the case, if only c4eva and crew weren't so vague with their answers at times.

#15 tester123

tester123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:21 AM

I have two consoles, one shipped with a benq and the other with a liteon. Both drives went bad about a year ago and a friend gave me two Samsung drives he wasn't using. Neither xbox would boot ap25 games, with ix-ltv1.0 firmware.

I replaced both Sammys with benq drives. One benq is spoofed it as a liteon and the other flashed but not spoofed (live xbox). Both work perfect now. Any motherboard that was shipped paired with an ap25 capable drive, must have one. Doesn't matter what brand, but it must be an ap25 enabled drive. I got two new benq's on ebay for less that $50 shipped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users