gman060692

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:40 AM

A while ago a dacor kitchen computer at the place where my dad works broke after a power surge. I brought home to see if I could fix (and get paid for doing so), but the problem was in the gpu which made it too expensive to repair so I've got the unit for free. It has a 12.1" 4:3 800x600 fold down screen screen, High quality stereo speaker and the front panel contains all the needed buttons and a 5v IR receiver. The power supply is 93 watts but supplies a 5v standby voltage.

What I could workout so far is the front panel is definitely usable as everything is wired in parallel and there are no ICs on it. The power supply can be used with step down transistors for the standby power. The dvd drive fits perfectly even lining up with the drive bay and the cover also snaps on too. The mobo will fit after the inner wall is removed.

I need to work out how I'm going to drive the speakers and the LCD. For the speakers I'd like to find an audio amplifier that will run of of 5 or 12v dc with digital volume control so I can wire it to the front panel. For the screen it needs a 20 pin LVDS signal and the cheapest solution I can find on ebay is $70 with shipping and tax.

also btw the case is made of 20 lbs of stainless steel

Here are some pics
pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

Edited by gman060692, 27 November 2010 - 04:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users