4 replies to this topic

#1 intruder2k

intruder2k

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:42 PM

Hi,
I have a problem with my Cygnos Chip, I think i f***ed it up. I tried to update my freeboot image, after writing the NAND (sucessful) the Xbox got RROD. I think i powered the box on and was still connected via usb.
My problem now is that i am not able to flash any new nand, because the cygnos is always a unknown device in windows. Is there a solution for that problem? And what could be happened to the chip? Is the xbox nand damaged, or can i just buy a new cygnos, solder it in and it will work again?

#2 Harbinger076

Harbinger076

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:XDK<br />RGLoader<br />Homebrew
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(intruder2k @ Nov 28 2010, 07:42 AM) View Post

Hi,
I have a problem with my Cygnos Chip, I think i f***ed it up. I tried to update my freeboot image, after writing the NAND (sucessful) the Xbox got RROD. I think i powered the box on and was still connected via usb.
My problem now is that i am not able to flash any new nand, because the cygnos is always a unknown device in windows. Is there a solution for that problem? And what could be happened to the chip? Is the xbox nand damaged, or can i just buy a new cygnos, solder it in and it will work again?

i am having the same issue at this moment.. windows says "unknown device" and team cygnos forums are down..

#3 JeffJ2

JeffJ2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:15 PM

rrod sounds like a bad flash, check the ribbon cable going to the usb/switch board. also try another usb cable.

If you still get an unknown device after that try putting the cygnos into boot loader mode and see if it detect that way. if it does. make sure the firmware is up to date,

If this fails to fix anything try another computer. It may be an issue with the computer its self.

#4 Dra60nSlayer

Dra60nSlayer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

try:
disconnect power cable then press powerbutton
set your chip to on..(switch towards USB)
connect usb and start toolbox
then supply power

this would trigger debug/bootload mode (led will blink)

and windows might see it again

#5 gab76

gab76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

same problem for me, I can't not flashing NAND or firmware on the cygnos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users