Photo

Dg-16d2s(74850c) Took A Dump, Want To Replace...a Few Questions..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Digitalvynil

Digitalvynil

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:32 AM

Hi guys, Haven't used this forum in quite some time...so please bare with me. I have a really old 360, and my drive stopped working. It would not read discs. So I am trying to fix it. I would like to swap the drive with the same exact drive.... a few questions...

1) does the new drive come with a card like mine does? Will all I really need to do is just solder the 6 wires on to my card..and then install in the new drive?

2) I see there is a price difference between the same drives offered on ebaY...is that because they are of different firmware? I need the 74850C in order for this to work right?

3) I destroyed the ribbon cable when taking apart this broken drive, do I have to order another ribbon cable..or will the new drive come with one?

4) Is this endeavor worth it..or should I just say TO HELL WITH THIS....and run out and purchase a new xbox. I really do not have the money nor need for that. Has anyone done this switch before...and is it easy. I have soldered before, so I think I can do a simple solder job if that is all that is required.

My xbox is in pieces.... sad.gif

SOMEONE HELP!!!!

Thanks

Justin

#2 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE(Digitalvynil @ Nov 30 2010, 10:32 AM) View Post

Hi guys, Haven't used this forum in quite some time...so please bare with me. I have a really old 360, and my drive stopped working. It would not read discs. So I am trying to fix it. I would like to swap the drive with the same exact drive.... a few questions...

1) does the new drive come with a card like mine does? Will all I really need to do is just solder the 6 wires on to my card..and then install in the new drive?

2) I see there is a price difference between the same drives offered on ebaY...is that because they are of different firmware? I need the 74850C in order for this to work right?

3) I destroyed the ribbon cable when taking apart this broken drive, do I have to order another ribbon cable..or will the new drive come with one?

4) Is this endeavor worth it..or should I just say TO HELL WITH THIS....and run out and purchase a new xbox. I really do not have the money nor need for that. Has anyone done this switch before...and is it easy. I have soldered before, so I think I can do a simple solder job if that is all that is required.

My xbox is in pieces.... sad.gif

SOMEONE HELP!!!!
Thanks

Justin

1) A new complete drive should be with the dvd daughter board installed already. You have two choices. Either replace the new board with your old one (so no flashing necessary) or go thru Jungleflasher and dump and flash the new drive to pair with your XBOX.

2) If you replace the DVD board the firmware version doesn't matter. It will remain the same as it was (it is on the board)

3) The ribbon will come with the new drive. If not, theen the drive is used and not new.

4) It worth it and you need just basic soldering skills. So you are good to go. Just be sure you get a BRAND NEW drive.

#3 Digitalvynil

Digitalvynil

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:39 PM

OMG...I love you . Thanks so much! I would rep you...but I do not know how.

This is why I love the internet.

Such a big help.

#4 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE(Digitalvynil @ Nov 30 2010, 06:39 PM) View Post

OMG...I love you . Thanks so much! I would rep you...but I do not know how.

This is why I love the internet.

Such a big help.

The fact that we help people is enough. Get back to us if you need anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users