Photo

Looking For Advice, New To Nand Jtag..tia!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chigawaa

Chigawaa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:39 AM

Ok so I have been reading about Nand/Jtag/freeboot/bestPig's toolbox/etc for a few hours now and just have a few questions for you guys.

I have a 360 with a xenon MB with a non moded Sammy drive running dash 6990 (based on what I have read I can Jtag this box)

I am looking for the easiest/noob friendly way of doing this so let me know what I have right or wrong (details are appreciated).

1 Buy an Xecuter Nand X USB programmer kit (I read through the install guide for the Nand and Jtag parts) Is this the best kit to purchase??

2. Once I have the Nand read 3 times I can use a tool to compare them to make sure I have a non corrupt version

3. Load Freeboot using BestPigs toolbox or is XBR better?

4. install Jtag hardware

5. Load freestyle Dash

So yea im really kinda lost and tired or reading because there is so much info and a lot of it is out of date I dont know what the "Current" best process is. Any help is greatly appreciated, not trying to be a bum just need some advice or to pointed in the right direction

#2 dennisv9

dennisv9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:38 PM

follow this tutorial; it is the best out there
https://docs.google....mv5h_30dw33vpf4

1) if you have enough money to spend; buy it. it is useless IMHO based on the above tutorial. since you only need to read 2 mb and write only xellous to your nand (50 blocks); you can easily and quickly enough do that over lpt. so build yourself a nand lpt reader. you don't even need the lpt connector; you can just put the pins of the corresponding nand wires (soldered onto the xenon mb) directly into the lpt port on the back of your computer (soldering them onto an lpt connector is easier; they are about 1 dollar at your diy electronics shop or get such a connector by cutting up an old printercable

2) see the tutorial how to compare your nand dumps (or parts of them)

3) bestpig tooloff cours; no xbr

#3 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:55 AM

Go for it mate, i had never even touched a 360 and i have jtag'd one and have another one to do, if you can solder and have patiences then its not that difficult - just read, read, read till your ready to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users