m82a1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hi guys, i've made a small windows app. This app is called jtaggable. It determines if your xbox 360 can be jtagged or not. Just insert your xbox 360 version and dashboard version number, and click "check". The required CB numbers are displayed depending on the xbox 360 version. I made this for fun, and hopefully it can help some people a bit.

Please comment if there are some issues, or if there is some incorrect information in the app. All information was taken from various xbox sites.

Visit https://sites.google...site/jtaggable/ to download the app.

IPB Image

- m82a1

#2 maxallepi

maxallepi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:09 PM

This is a handy little app you made there mate smile.gif I think its accurate enough and im sure it will be useful for newbies that would like to ride on the JTaG train biggrin.gif

#3 m82a1

m82a1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(maxallepi @ Dec 6 2010, 10:09 AM) View Post

This is a handy little app you made there mate smile.gif I think its accurate enough and im sure it will be useful for newbies that would like to ride on the JTaG train biggrin.gif

thank you smile.gif

#4 iwanttheagrocrag

iwanttheagrocrag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:SMC hacking, TSOP, (Offline) game modification, Case modification, Bacon, America, Monster trucks
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:08 AM

Agreed, someone had to do it i guess. Nice app m82a1.

#5 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

nice little app. Seems like a quick and easy one but it will help out plenty of noobs i'm sure.

#6 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

What does motherboard version have to do with it?

Isn't the bottom line any console made/refurbished after June 19 is not exploitable.

#7 Loto_Bak

Loto_Bak

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:02 PM

You might want to put a note in your app that some MS repaired and refurbs look like they are exploitable by manu. date/dash version but are not (they have updated CB but older dash)

#8 antisniperspy

antisniperspy

X-S Senior Member

• Last Chance
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(Loto_Bak @ Dec 8 2010, 12:02 PM) View Post

You might want to put a note in your app that some MS repaired and refurbs look like they are exploitable by manu. date/dash version but are not (they have updated CB but older dash)

Very true, they even leave the old MFD on the box. Had one that was MFD 1/25/2009 and it had new CB with old Dash. Was a very sad day.

#9 m82a1

m82a1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(tomgreen99200 @ Dec 8 2010, 11:41 AM) View Post

nice little app. Seems like a quick and easy one but it will help out plenty of noobs i'm sure.

it was quick and easy, took me a bit of time to get some info together, wanted to be as accurate as possible.

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Dec 8 2010, 11:43 AM) View Post

What does motherboard version have to do with it?

Isn't the bottom line any console made/refurbished after June 19 is not exploitable.

mobo version = specific exploitable cb number. there are specific exploitable cb numbers for specific mobo version. the jtag modder would want to know which cb number is exploitable for his specific mobo. smile.gif
QUOTE(Loto_Bak @ Dec 8 2010, 12:02 PM) View Post

will do, i'll change that when i have time, i also plan on including one or two extra things. very simple app.

looks like people like it so far, so i'm happy biggrin.gif

Edited by m82a1, 08 December 2010 - 07:43 PM.

#10 boflc

boflc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(m82a1 @ Dec 8 2010, 02:41 PM) View Post

it was quick and easy, took me a bit of time to get some info together, wanted to be as accurate as possible.
mobo version = specific exploitable cb number. there are specific exploitable cb numbers for specific mobo version. the jtag modder would want to know which cb number is exploitable for his specific mobo. smile.gif

will do, i'll change that when i have time, i also plan on including one or two extra things. very simple app.

looks like people like it so far, so i'm happy biggrin.gif

i appreciate the effort that went into this.

however, it doesn't have enough information and frankly i thought this has been covered a bunch of times.

there are non-refurb'ed pre jun-18 (non-updated) machines out there that have their CB patched.

you need to include LOT# and TEAM from the retail boxes if you want to get more accurate (IIRC, FDOU got ahold of the patched CB's before CSON). including a little information from the serial number would also help make it better.

it's totally cool that you are contributing, but i foresee issues b/c of this app when someone finds a box that is not exploitable.

*constructive feedback*

1) dashboard should be the first input. if > 7371, gray everything out and report "sorry"
2) manufacture/service date as the second input.
if ($man_date || $service_date) < may-15-2009, report "your box should be exploitable unless the manufacture date/service date is not reliable"
elseif ($man_date || $service_date) > may-15-2009 and < jun-18-2009, report that "while the box should be exploitable, there is a possibility that the CB has been patched and the nand needs to be dumped to be certain";
elseif ($man_date || $service_date) > jun-18-2009, report "in all likelihood, the box is not exploitable unless you found one of the never-proven machines post-jun-18 (and before aug) that folks have claimed to have that are exploitable"
3) the dropdown of mobo revision really is just an infom box and should auto show upon select.

criticism aside, it's good that someone is pulling this info together. i'd like the source data/ruleset improved just so that it's not used as a crutch.

#11 SilentBob1638

SilentBob1638

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

You will not be able to exploit the console, despite having the correct dashboard and or CB
The statement is wrong. The CB actually is the potentially exploitable code. If you'd get an exploitable CB even after the deadline the box would be exploitable.

The only confident way to achieve the CB version is to dump the NAND. All other ways are statistically gathered informations.

Read this or go to #Freeboot (EFNet):
https://docs.google....mv5h_186pp2zddm

Edited by SilentBob1638, 08 December 2010 - 09:44 PM.

#12 itoktoeatfish

itoktoeatfish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

It is a nice app, but if someone isnt bright enough to do a simple search for "i haz news dash cans i jtag" I dont think they are going to bother using a program. But if they do come across this program before posting half a dozen posts it would help them and the rest of us how read thru them out. Maybe added into one of the stickys?

Edited by itoktoeatfish, 08 December 2010 - 10:29 PM.

#13 LiquidXed

LiquidXed

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

i thought every box with 8955 and up dash wasnt able to be jtagged? Is somethin new goin on?

#14 m82a1

m82a1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:47 PM

wow, ok, i like this feedback, expect an update soon. smile.gif
do bear with me, as this is the first time i have released an app.

QUOTE(boflc @ Dec 8 2010, 02:29 PM) View Post

i appreciate the effort that went into this.

however, it doesn't have enough information and frankly i thought this has been covered a bunch of times.

there are non-refurb'ed pre jun-18 (non-updated) machines out there that have their CB patched.

you need to include LOT# and TEAM from the retail boxes if you want to get more accurate (IIRC, FDOU got ahold of the patched CB's before CSON). including a little information from the serial number would also help make it better.

it's totally cool that you are contributing, but i foresee issues b/c of this app when someone finds a box that is not exploitable.

*constructive feedback*

1) dashboard should be the first input. if > 7371, gray everything out and report "sorry"
2) manufacture/service date as the second input.
if ($man_date || $service_date) < may-15-2009, report "your box should be exploitable unless the manufacture date/service date is not reliable"
elseif ($man_date || $service_date) > may-15-2009 and < jun-18-2009, report that "while the box should be exploitable, there is a possibility that the CB has been patched and the nand needs to be dumped to be certain";
elseif ($man_date || $service_date) > jun-18-2009, report "in all likelihood, the box is not exploitable unless you found one of the never-proven machines post-jun-18 (and before aug) that folks have claimed to have that are exploitable"
3) the dropdown of mobo revision really is just an infom box and should auto show upon select.
criticism aside, it's good that someone is pulling this info together. i'd like the source data/ruleset improved just so that it's not used as a crutch.

a lot of feedback, and i will DEFF. use it.

QUOTE(SilentBob1638 @ Dec 8 2010, 03:37 PM) View Post

The statement is wrong. The CB actually is the potentially exploitable code. If you'd get an exploitable CB even after the deadline the box would be exploitable.

The only confident way to achieve the CB version is to dump the NAND. All other ways are statistically gathered informations.

Read this or go to #Freeboot (EFNet):
https://docs.google....mv5h_186pp2zddm

exactly, you can't call it a patched / fixed vulnerability cb console, if the cb number is still the same.

QUOTE(LiquidXed @ Dec 8 2010, 05:18 PM) View Post

i thought every box with 8955 and up dash wasnt able to be jtagged? Is somethin new goin on?

no, you need 7371 and below. not a new thing. many people just use screenshots of an 8955 console stating "if you see this number you can't jtag"

#15 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

Probably should be a web application.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users