• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 elsoltano

elsoltano

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 07:48 PM

I realize the probably properly belongs in the Modchips forum, but I'm completely new at this and don't want to ask something that's been asked multiple times. I've been reading tutorials and did several forum searches but I wanted to ask your advice on where to begin my troubleshooting (since there are multiple suggestions in most Chameleon threads).

I just installed my Chameleon using the pinheader method on a 1.0 Xbox, the only wire I soldered was d0. When I turn on my xbox it beeps, flashes green, pauses for a second or so, flashes green multiple times, beeps again, pauses again, then flashes red and green. I get no video during this procedure (I'm using SVideo).

I've taken the chip out and booted the Xbox and got the normal MS boot screen w/ video and audio.

I'm fairly new at soldering so I suspect that is probably the case. But I've read everything from twisting your Chameleon to using a multimeter to check the pins to the fact that some Chameleons seem to ship unflashed.

Now my total newbie opinion goes as follows: If my XBOX is FRAGing it is probably because it is trying to load a BIOS from the Chameleon but is failing, leading me to believe that my chip came unflashed. But again, total newbie biggrin.gif .

So where would you begin troubleshooting this?

Thanks in advance!

#2 dink

dink

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 07:57 PM

I get no video during this procedure (I'm using SVideo).

You need to use Composite (Yellow RCA) from the orignal A/V pack.

Threre is another thread from"Installing Mod Chips" forum, that may help you too

#3 elsoltano

elsoltano

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 07:59 PM

Dink, first thanks for the reply. I saw that thread and thought that might be the issue, but if that's the problem then it implies that during the Cromwell bootup the Xbox flashes red and green - is that the case? If so I'm very happy that the problem is just the video cable.

Oh one further thing I left out of my original post - my Chameleon's blue LED doesn't light that I can see.

#4 dink

dink

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 08:12 PM

The blue light ONLY comes on, when the special Chameleon Cromwell bios is running.

Sounds like your D0 is fine, because of the FRAGing (Flashing Red And Green), which means that the onboard TSOP bios is disabled, and the LPC interface is enabled. At this point the Cham's bios should take over, if all of the following are meet.
1. It has a good flash.
2. The LPC soldering points are good and working.

#5 elsoltano

elsoltano

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 08:33 PM

Great thanks! Just tried booting up with RCA inputs and didn't get any video still. So it must be the LPC ports. I'll check those tomorrow smile.gif Thanks for all of your help Dink!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users