• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#1 Zoom_Stop

Zoom_Stop

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

So XPowerPlay 0.2a was released over the summer and there has been very little (none) in the way of cheats developed for it.
But the DashLaunch plugin is in place. Everyone could start using it. We just need cheat files.

So in IRC today the idea was getting kicked around and we really need to try and get the ball rolling here.
We need two types of people for this project:

1. Dev kit owners - who can poke memory addresses and document what they find.
2. JTAG owners who can take those addresses, write the cheat, and test it.

We can use this thread to build a team, not sure where we will do the actual code swapping. We'll see how many people we have. But we need to have people commit in this thread. As far as # of owners go JTAG > DevKit so if you have a devkit please strongly consider helping if you can.

All a commit means is we can send you info in the next week or so on the next steps. No contribution of time will be too small (or too big).

When replying to join please advise if you'll be a DevKit volunteer or a JTAG volunteer (or both)

Links...
Original site post for XPP
XPP pack (good readme info)

XPP uses a very simple cheat file system. Below is a copy of the authors "xppcodetypes.txt". Please comment below if you want to be a part building a cheat database for XPowerPlay. I'll send out PM's to those who do when we are ready for step 2.

Also hoping that if things start moving in the right direction we could have a plugin or module in FSD to handle cheats.

CODE

XPP codetypes (by the2000 [aka extra2000])

This document describes valid codetypes used by XPowerPlay.

**NOTE: All values of X, A, V, & N are in hexadecimal format unless specified
otherwise. Do not prepend values with any prefixes(0x, $, etc.).

================================================================================
Write Commands
================================================================================
0     = 8 bit write
1     = 16 bit write
2     = 32 bit write

Format:
XX AAAAAAAA VVVVVVVV

XX = 0/1/2
AAAAAAAA = address in memory
VVVVVVVV = value

VVVVVVVV is written to memory location AAAAAAAA.

Example:
2 85400010 00FF00FF

The code above writes 00FF00FF(in 32 bits) to 85400010.

And Commands
3     = 8 bit And
4     = 16 bit And
5     = 32 bit And

Format:
XX AAAAAAAA VVVVVVVV

XX = 3/4/5
VVVVVVVV = value

The value at memory location AAAAAAAA is bitwise anded with VVVVVVVV. The result
is written to memory location AAAAAAAA.

Example:
4 85400010 0F0F

The code above will obtain the 16 bit value at 85400010, then apply bitwise and
of 0F0F to that value. The resulting value is stored back 85400010 afterwards.

Or Commands
6     = 8 bit Or
7     = 16 bit Or
8     = 32 bit Or

Format:
XX AAAAAAAA VVVVVVVV

XX = 6/7/8
VVVVVVVV = value

The value at memory location AAAAAAAA is bitwise ored with VVVVVVVV. The result

Example:
6 85400010 FF

The code above will obtain the 8 bit value at 85400010, then apply bitwise or of
FF to that value. The resulting value is stored back 85400010 afterwards.

Xor Commands
9     = 8 bit Xor
A     = 16 bit Xor
B     = 32 bit Xor

Format:
XX AAAAAAAA VVVVVVVV

XX = 9/A/B
VVVVVVVV = value

The value at memory location AAAAAAAA is bitwise xored with VVVVVVVV. The result

Example:
B 85400010 FF008800

The code above will obtain the 32 bit value at 85400010, then apply bitwise xor
of FF008800 to that value. The resulting value is stored back 85400010
afterwards.

Increment Commands
C     = 8 bit Increment
D     = 16 bit Increment
E     = 32 bit Increment

Format:
XX AAAAAAAA VVVVVVVV

XX = C/D/E
VVVVVVVV = value

The value at memory location AAAAAAAA is added with VVVVVVVV. The result is
written to memory location AAAAAAAA.

Example:
E 85400010 0000FFFF

The code above will obtain the 32 bit value at 85400010, 0000FFFF will be added
to that 32 bit value. The sum will be stored back to 85400010 afterwards.

Decrement Commands
F     = 8 bit Decrement
10    = 16 bit Decrement
11    = 32 bit Decrement

Format:
XX AAAAAAAA VVVVVVVV

XX = F/10/11
VVVVVVVV = value

The value at memory location AAAAAAAA is subtracted with VVVVVVVV. The result is
written to memory location AAAAAAAA.

Example:
10 85400010 1010

The code above will obtain the 16 bit value at 85400010. That value will be
subtracted with 1010. The difference will be stored back to 85400010 afterwards.

Equal Test Commands
12    = 8 bit Equal
13    = 16 bit Equal
14    = 32 bit Equal

Format:
XX AAAAAAAA VVVVVVVV NN

XX = 12/13/14
VVVVVVVV = value
NN = number of lines to skip/apply

If the value at memory location AAAAAAAA is equal to VVVVVVVV, XPP will
apply the NN lines of codes directly below this code. Else, NN lines of codes
directly below this code will be skipped.

Example:
12 85400010 AA 01
02 8540FF70 0098967F

The code above will obtain the 8 bit value at 85400010. If the value is equal to
AA, then the code below it will be executed. Otherwise it will be skipped.

Not Equal Test Commands
15    = 8 bit Not Equal
16    = 16 bit Not Equal
17    = 32 bit Not Equal

Format:
XX AAAAAAAA VVVVVVVV NN

XX = 15/16/17
VVVVVVVV = value

If the value at memory location AAAAAAAA is not equal to VVVVVVVV, XPP will

Example:
15 85400010 AA 02
01 8540FF70 0098
01 8540FF72 967F

The code above will obtain the 8 bit value at 85400010. If the value is not
equal to AA, then the 2 codes below it will be executed. Otherwise, these codes
will be skipped.

Greater Than Test Commands
18    = 8 bit Greater Than
19    = 16 bit Greater Than
1A    = 32 bit Greater Than

Format:
XX AAAAAAAA VVVVVVVV NN

XX = 18/19/1A
VVVVVVVV = value

If the value at memory location AAAAAAAA is greater than to VVVVVVVV, XPP will

Example:
19 85400010 AAFF 04
00 8540FF70 00
00 8540FF71 98
00 8540FF72 96
00 8540FF73 7F

The code above will obtain the 16 bit value at 85400010. If the value is greater
than AAFF, then the 4 codes below it will be executed. Otherwise, these codes
will be skipped.

Less Than Test Commands
1B    = 8 bit Less Than
1C    = 16 bit Less Than
1D    = 32 bit Less Than

Format:
XX AAAAAAAA VVVVVVVV NN

XX = 1B/1C/1D
VVVVVVVV = value

If the value at memory location AAAAAAAA is less than to VVVVVVVV, XPP will

Example:
1C 85400010 AAFF 04
00 8540FF70 00
00 8540FF71 98
00 8540FF72 96
00 8540FF73 7F

The code above will obtain the 16 bit value at 85400010. If the value is less
than AAFF, then the 4 codes below it will be executed. Otherwise, these codes
will be skipped.

Multi-write Commands (Condensed Codes)
1E    = 8 bit Less Than
1F    = 16 bit Less Than
20    = 32 bit Less Than

Format:
XX AAAAAAAA VVVVVVVV NN SSSS IIII

XX = 1E/1F/20
AAAAAAAA = initial address in memory
VVVVVVVV = initial value value
NN = number of times to write
SSSS = offset from one code to the next
IIII = increment of one value to the next

VVVVVVVV will be written to AAAAAAAA. This will be done NN times, while
incrementing AAAAAAAA with SSSS every iteration, and incrementing VVVVVVVV with
IIII every iteration.

Example:
1F 82550010 0000 04 2000 1000

The code above expands to:
1 82550010 0000
1 82552010 1000
1 82554010 2000
1 82556010 3000

Edited by Zoom_Stop, 09 December 2010 - 09:37 PM.

#2 ex0r

ex0r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:54 PM

I have a JTAG and would be willling to help fill the database with codes.

#3 jordanpower6

jordanpower6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

Someone has done this but won't release it.

they finished the XeSearch program to read memory addresses then used Xpowerplay to apply the codes.

#4 ex0r

ex0r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:11 PM

I downloaded the xesearch code, and am attempting to take a look at it right now. I will see if I can see what is involved in getting it to search addresses and etc to do what we need it to do. I can't remember exactly how action replay used to work, or gameshark, so if you could PM me the functionality, I will see about adding it to the project.

#5 jordanpower6

jordanpower6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(ex0r @ Dec 10 2010, 01:11 PM) View Post

I downloaded the xesearch code, and am attempting to take a look at it right now. I will see if I can see what is involved in getting it to search addresses and etc to do what we need it to do. I can't remember exactly how action replay used to work, or gameshark, so if you could PM me the functionality, I will see about adding it to the project.

Srry i don't know much about action replay etc other than it hacked memory addresses in RAM Someone i know has been working on Xesearch and has pretty much finished all the coding the only problem is that it keeps freezing when trying to read memory so i am not sure if it will help. however apparently it did work with Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City however i don't have the game to test.

#6 admiralxa

admiralxa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

I have been waiting for this. XPP came out, then stopped. Xesearch was mentioned then seemed to disappear. Then I heard FSD 2 would have a trainer system built in and I did not see that either:-( I like the Ocarina approach on Wii. A launcher for games can download then apply the codes you want. People made excuses but if you go on XBL, you get banned anyway, and doubtful you could effect values on XBL servers. I doubt codes would work on non-modified dashboards anyway. Still, I think this has existed in the dark but nobody wants to share. I've waited over a year for this as I mentioned above. Started even before XPP was announced.

#7 jordanpower6

jordanpower6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(ex0r @ Dec 10 2010, 01:11 PM) View Post

Here's a quote from Tatsh:

I tried, after converting the project to VS2005. I fixed a number of dependency issues but it still won't compile as it needs a few headers from the newer SDK. So whatever is dependent needs to be backported; everything in the new SDK is just dependent on the old stuff, wrappers and such. So it should not be difficult, but it will take time.

So it is possible to get XeSearch working on VS2005 here is a link that might be useful there is a guide and a program for converting projects to VS2005 which could also help for other versions.

http://www.fsmpi.uni...lution/139.html

The program is in the comments.

#8 jordanpower6

jordanpower6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(admiralxa @ Dec 10 2010, 11:51 PM) View Post

I have been waiting for this. XPP came out, then stopped. Xesearch was mentioned then seemed to disappear. Then I heard FSD 2 would have a trainer system built in and I did not see that either:-( I like the Ocarina approach on Wii. A launcher for games can download then apply the codes you want. People made excuses but if you go on XBL, you get banned anyway, and doubtful you could effect values on XBL servers. I doubt codes would work on non-modified dashboards anyway. Still, I think this has existed in the dark but nobody wants to share. I've waited over a year for this as I mentioned above. Started even before XPP was announced.

True but hopefully this will be a step forward all we need now is a way to read the addresses and the more people join the more chance there is it will be done the only problem with XeSearch is getting it to work on lower versions of Visual studio it only seems to work on the newest version sad.gif and the freezing when trying to read memory.

Edited by jordanpower6, 11 December 2010 - 01:41 PM.

#9 offica1 g33k

offica1 g33k

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:28 AM

I have a dev and i'd be willing to help

#10 Reama

Reama

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE(offica1 g33k @ Dec 12 2010, 07:28 PM) View Post

I have a dev and i'd be willing to help

word. I have a dev too and I'd be willing to contribute.

#11 LoveMHz

LoveMHz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE(jordanpower6 @ Dec 11 2010, 07:39 AM) View Post

True but hopefully this will be a step forward all we need now is a way to read the addresses and the more people join the more chance there is it will be done the only problem with XeSearch is getting it to work on lower versions of Visual studio it only seems to work on the newest version sad.gif and the freezing when trying to read memory.

Shouldn't be a problem to get it working in older versions of VS.. Also make sure you have the .data segments values set correctly.

#12 jordanpower6

jordanpower6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(LoveMHz @ Dec 14 2010, 07:23 AM) View Post

Shouldn't be a problem to get it working in older versions of VS.. Also make sure you have the .data segments values set correctly.

Cheers got it working now.

#13 Zoom_Stop

Zoom_Stop

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

This is great! Lots of interest and plenty of people willing to help. I am especially glad at the number of people who have Dev Kits that are willing to help since most of us only have JTAG's.
jordanpower6's work and progress with XeSearch is awesome, thank you so much for getting that started already!
So just as a really quick (and informal) poll? Where should be collaborate at? In a thread here on X-S? As a group on Google Code? IRC with meeting times? Just let me know your thoughts.
I wanted to let the plea for help stand for a week before closing the request. So on Friday I'll notify everyone that expressed interest via PM and announce where we will work from.
Very excited!

#14 admiralxa

admiralxa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(Zoom_Stop @ Dec 14 2010, 10:53 AM) View Post

This is great! Lots of interest and plenty of people willing to help. I am especially glad at the number of people who have Dev Kits that are willing to help since most of us only have JTAG's.
jordanpower6's work and progress with XeSearch is awesome, thank you so much for getting that started already!
So just as a really quick (and informal) poll? Where should be collaborate at? In a thread here on X-S? As a group on Google Code? IRC with meeting times? Just let me know your thoughts.
I wanted to let the plea for help stand for a week before closing the request. So on Friday I'll notify everyone that expressed interest via PM and announce where we will work from.
Very excited!

Good job guys, I hope to see some trainers and easy-to-use ones at that.

#15 jordanpower6

jordanpower6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(Zoom_Stop @ Dec 14 2010, 07:53 PM) View Post

Very excited!

Can't wait for memory hacking on the XBOX 360 i am going to buy or download muhaha.gif Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City at the weekend which should help with tests as XeSearch works with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users