• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#16 madasahat

madasahat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:03 AM

deadrising 2 had a trainer the first one i had ever seen on a jtag, it needed the plugin for dashlaucnch but it worked well

#17 jordanpower6

jordanpower6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(madasahat @ Dec 16 2010, 04:03 AM) View Post

deadrising 2 had a trainer the first one i had ever seen on a jtag, it needed the plugin for dashlaucnch but it worked well

I think that trainer modded part of the XEX.

#18 Reama

Reama

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

Reminds me of the days of EvoX. I miss those days sad.gif

#19 admiralxa

admiralxa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE(Reama @ Dec 16 2010, 10:14 AM) View Post

Reminds me of the days of EvoX. I miss those days sad.gif

On the Wii, they keep a centralized place for the codes. Like "The usual place" people reference on here. Then a simple program to apply THOSE CODES to THAT GAME. Could a trainer basically be an xex? Or ONE such XEX? I know the plug-in is there in FSD 2 but want to know more about it. If it would even be possible to set up like Ocarina for the Wii is. Also checking in for any news here:-)

#20 Reama

Reama

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(admiralxa @ Dec 16 2010, 11:03 AM) View Post

On the Wii, they keep a centralized place for the codes. Like "The usual place" people reference on here. Then a simple program to apply THOSE CODES to THAT GAME. Could a trainer basically be an xex? Or ONE such XEX? I know the plug-in is there in FSD 2 but want to know more about it. If it would even be possible to set up like Ocarina for the Wii is. Also checking in for any news here:-)

i'm not sure about making the trainer a stand alone xex, or built in to the xex. If its going to work like EvoX did then it'd be like a temp. patch that was applied directly to the xex. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of this as I havent talked to anyone, just seen the videos put up.

#21 admiralxa

admiralxa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(Reama @ Dec 16 2010, 01:44 PM) View Post

i'm not sure about making the trainer a stand alone xex, or built in to the xex. If its going to work like EvoX did then it'd be like a temp. patch that was applied directly to the xex. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of this as I havent talked to anyone, just seen the videos put up.

Ocarina for the Wii is basically a "Game Genie", "Game Shark", "Pro Action Replay" device that stands alone but hacks the memory addresses you give to it. Most know about the SAVES approach to games but this gets annoying and is not as easy as, if it works this way; choose game, it finds codes for that version, downloads text version of codes, applies to "Trainer engine" then you get whatever you chose. Infinite life, health, magic, etc. I have two kids and love sports games but for other games, I just don't have time to put into them. I enjoy a good shooting game, but I want the graphics and story, and have no time to spend 3 hours working on one scene.

#22 Zoom_Stop

Zoom_Stop

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

The path we are thinking is using XPowerPlay which is a DLL that can run on the Xbox and will patch memory addresses on the fly with cheats.
The cheat file is expected to be a very small TXT style file (so much more efficient than patched XEX or saves).

If we can do this right, I see this working as a plugin (or native) in FreeStyle Dash. We create a s*itload of code files, put them up into a "usual place" and refer to them by the title ID. Then the FSD plugin can grab the cheat file from the "usual place" and use the DLL to patch memory addresses at launch.

That is the ideal way we could do this. We can still write cheats and use them using XPowerPlay and DashLaunch though.

#23 jordanpower6

jordanpower6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE(Zoom_Stop @ Dec 16 2010, 11:58 PM) View Post

The path we are thinking is using XPowerPlay which is a DLL that can run on the Xbox and will patch memory addresses on the fly with cheats.
The cheat file is expected to be a very small TXT style file (so much more efficient than patched XEX or saves).

If we can do this right, I see this working as a plugin (or native) in FreeStyle Dash. We create a s*itload of code files, put them up into a "usual place" and refer to them by the title ID. Then the FSD plugin can grab the cheat file from the "usual place" and use the DLL to patch memory addresses at launch.

That is the ideal way we could do this. We can still write cheats and use them using XPowerPlay and DashLaunch though.

If it is XEX modding via searching addresses in the XEX then i think the codes will be limited a lot of game's cheat codes require searching for which action replay etc did. It dumped/read all the memory addresses from the RAM.

#24 DarkLord33

DarkLord33

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

Yeah, if i can help i'm with you!
talking in general there is a god mode hack for any game?
And no, i'm not interested in cheating online sleeping.gif
I've found just an iso hack for dantes inferno but seem the only one biggrin.gif

#25 jordanpower6

jordanpower6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(DarkLord33 @ Dec 19 2010, 06:47 PM) View Post

Yeah, if i can help i'm with you!
talking in general there is a god mode hack for any game?
And no, i'm not interested in cheating online sleeping.gif
I've found just an iso hack for dantes inferno but seem the only one biggrin.gif

If you dumped/read all the memory addresses then yes you would be able to mod health in pretty much every game.

#26 admiralxa

admiralxa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(Zoom_Stop @ Dec 16 2010, 02:58 PM) View Post

this soUnds great. Any progress?

#27 jordanpower6

jordanpower6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:05 PM

XeSearch just in case anyone wants to try and get it working

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TLFAEWUZ

#28 admiralxa

admiralxa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE(jordanpower6 @ Dec 20 2010, 10:05 AM) View Post

XeSearch just in case anyone wants to try and get it working

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TLFAEWUZ

I tried to get that to work with no luck:-( Anyone made progress and is anyone planning a database for cheats or to set up this system?

#29 jordanpower6

jordanpower6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(admiralxa @ Dec 21 2010, 06:54 AM) View Post

I tried to get that to work with no luck:-( Anyone made progress and is anyone planning a database for cheats or to set up this system?

Did you get a lot done with it also did it keep freezing when trying to read memory?

#30 jordanpower6

jordanpower6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(admiralxa @ Dec 21 2010, 06:54 AM) View Post

Ya, i have been trying for a while now but still can't get it to work im not sure why it doesn't work it should i tried it with Grand theft auto episodes from liberty city and it worked so i am not sure why it won't for any other games. A tool like this would help a lot with xbox 360 cheats as well. sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users